Canary in a Cathouse
|Canary in a Cathouse|
Cover of 1st edition
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
Canary in a Cathouse is a collection of twelve short stories by Kurt Vonnegut published in 1961. Eleven of the twelve appear in the later collection Welcome to the Monkey House. The one story that was not reprinted in the later book was "Hal Irwin's Magic Lamp." In a later collection of short stories, Bagombo Snuff Box, there is a story with that title although it is a different version. The book has been out of print for many years and is hard to find.
- "Report on the Barnhouse Effect" (Collier's weekly, 11 February 1950)
- "All The King's Horses" (Collier's weekly, 10 Feb 1951)
- "The Manned Missiles"
- "The Euphio Question" (Collier's weekly, 12 May 1951)
- "More Stately Mansions"
- "The Foster Portfolio"
- "Deer in the Works"
- "Hal Irwin's Magic Lamp"
- "Tom Edison's Shaggy Dog"
- "Unready to Wear" (Galaxy Science Fiction, April 1953)
- "Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow" (1953)
|This article about a collection of short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|