Certified management consultant
Certified Management Consultant (CMC) is an international professional certification for management consulting professionals, awarded by institutes in 48 countries (as of April 2012). The CMC enjoys global reciprocity; consultants certified in one country are recognized in most other countries. The standards for CMC in technical competencies and professional conduct were developed by various of the international associations together with The International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI).
Consultants awarded the CMC designation have demonstrated the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree from a recognized university.
- Three or more (depending on country) years of experience in full-time consulting.
- Owner or employee of a firm in independent practice, or internal consultant in organization meeting the Institute's independence criteria.
- Demonstrated satisfaction by five different clients of consulting performance in challenging engagements.
- Produced descriptions of five client engagements, including problems addressed, solutions provided and results achieved.
- Interview by a panel of senior consultants on approaches to and competencies in a range of consulting disciplines.
- Written and oral ethics examinations, adherence to a rigorous code of ethics and submission to enforcement by an independent adjudication body.
- Commitment to ongoing professional education.
- Renewal of certification every three years.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Management.|