||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
|Born||Chloë Victoria Annett
25 July 1971
|Years active||1972 - present|
Chloë Victoria Annett (born 25 July 1971) is an English actress, best known for her role in series 7 and 8 of the British sitcom Red Dwarf.
Early life and family
Annett was born and brought up in East Finchley in London, where she attended Mountview Theatre School. Originally she was going to attend an art school but she went along with one of her friends who had an audition and got in. She reports that her parents were supportive of her career change and really encouraged her.
Her father is director Paul Annett, who has directed a large number of episodes of the British soap opera, EastEnders. Annett's father also directed some episodes of a children's drama series Byker Grove, in some of which Annett appeared. Her brother, Jamie Annett, has also directed EastEnders. Her mother is actress and voice expert Margo Annett, author of An Actor's Guide to Auditions and Interviews, who works closely with Thelma Holt and the Cameron Mackintosh foundation. She has been married to Alec McKinlay, the manager for the pop groups Oasis and Crowded House.
Annett has spent time in America where she had a part in Danielle Steel's Jewels (1992) (TV) - a TV mini series. Back in Britain most of her roles were "bit parts", although she played the starring role of Holly Turner in Crime Traveller (1997) alongside Michael French, who played Jeff Slade. In the early 1990s she played the part of Stiffy Byng, and, in one episode, that of Gertrude Winkworth, in Granada's series Jeeves and Wooster, based on the novels of P.G. Wodehouse.
Annett remains best known for taking over the role as Kristine Kochanski in the seventh and eighth series of the British science fiction comedy television series Red Dwarf, a role which she reprised in the final part of the 2009 special, Red Dwarf: Back to Earth.
- 2012: Casualty: Hero Syndrome as April Halliwell
- 2010: Leila as Leila
- 2009: Red Dwarf: Back to Earth as Herself/Kristine Kochanski
- 2004: Comedy Connections: Red Dwarf as Herself
- 2004: Casualty: Passions and Convictions as Linda Roles
- 2002: Doctors: Stealing Booty as Joanna Hepworth
- 2000: The Asylum as Rose
- 2000: Pasty Faces as Lena
- 2000: Kiss Me Kate: The Party as Sam
- 1999: Red Dwarf VIII as Kristine Kochanski
- 1998: Can't Smeg Won't Smeg as Kristine Kochanski
- 1998: Universe Challenge as Herself
- 1997: Red Dwarf VII as Kristine Kochanski
- 1997: Crime Traveller as Holly Turner
- 1997: Space Cadets: Vulcans vs. Klingons as Herself
- 1996: Cadfael: The Devil's Novice as Rosanna
- 1994: Byker Grove as Janey
- 1993: Yamada ga machi ni yatte kita [aka How to Speak Japanese] as Mary Fitzgibbon
- 1992: Jewels [aka Danielle Steel's Jewels] as Isabelle
- 1992: Double X: The Name of the Game as Sarah Clutten
- 1992: Covington Cross: The Persecution as Rachel
- 1992: Jeeves and Wooster: Bertie Takes Gussie's Place at Deverill Hall as Gertrude Winkworth
- 1992: Spatz as Donna Edwards
- 1991: Doctor at the Top as Rebecca Stuart-Clark
- 1990: All Creatures Great and Small: Hampered as Angela Mortimor
- 1990: Inspector Wexford: An Unkindness of Ravens as Jane Gardner
- 1989: Families as Mina Sandaval
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chloë Annett.|