Class of '96
|Class of '96|
|Created by||John Romano|
|Written by||Rachel Cline
|Directed by||Menachem Binetski
Lisa Dean Ryan
|Composer(s)||Greg De Belles|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||17|
|Executive producer(s)||Leonard Goldberg|
|Editor(s)||Victor Du Bois
|Location(s)||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||ABC Productions
|Original run||January 19 – May 25, 1993|
The series focused on seven students at Havenhurst College in New England. Although the seven come from different backgrounds, circumstance led them to become friends. The series dealt with the differences, both in personality and social status, of the group of friends, the challenges they faced in their first year of college, and social issues such as racism and sexism.
- Jason Gedrick as David Morrissey, a passionate writer from New Jersey.
- Lisa Dean Ryan as Jessica Cohen, a wealthy Jewish student who falls for David.
- Megan Ward as Patty Horvath, Jessica's roommate, the daughter of a famous actress.
- Brandon Douglas as Whitney Reed, a rich kid who is being trained to follow in his fathers' footsteps, including living in his father's old college room.
- Perry Moore as Antonio Hopkins, Whitney's roommate, an African-American star basketball player from the inner city.
- Kari Wührer as Robin Farr, Jessica and Patty's roommate, an attractive girl from Florida.
- Gale Hansen as Samuel "Stroke" Dexter, David's roommate, an entrepreneur.
Guest stars throughout the series run include Gillian Anderson, John Cameron Mitchell, Matt LeBlanc, Julie Bowen, Robin Tunney, Dylan Neal, Elizabeth Dennehy, James LeGros, Fritz Weaver, Reed Diamond, Karyn Dwyer, and Mason Adams. Director and series consultant Peter Horton also made a cameo in one episode as a professor; he was previously known for playing a professor on thirtysomething.
Reception and cancellation
The pilot episode aired on January 19, 1993 with ratings falling steadily after the premiere. The series was cancelled and finished airing its 17 episode order on May 25.
|Episode #||Episode title||Original airdate|
|1-1||Pilot||January 19, 1993|
|1-2||"They Shoot Baskets, Don't They?"||January 26, 1993|
|1-3||"Breaking up is Hard to Overdue"||February 2, 1993|
|1-4||"Midterm Madness"||February 9, 1993|
|1-5||"Look Homeward Angela"||February 16, 1993|
|1-6||"The Adventures of Pat's Man and Robin"||February 23, 1993|
|1-7||"David is Authorized"||March 2, 1993|
|1-8||"The Accused"||March 9, 1993|
|1-9||"When Whitney Met Linda"||March 16, 1993|
|1-10||"Parents Weekend"||March 23, 1993|
|1-11||"The Best Little Frat House at Havenhurst"||March 30, 1993|
|1-12||"Bright Smoke, Cold Fire"||April 6, 1993|
|1-13||"Greenwich Mean Time"||April 20, 1993|
|1-14||"Educating David"||April 27, 1993|
|1-15||"Howie Farr is Too Far"||May 4, 1993|
|1-16||"The Jessica File"||May 11, 1993|
|1-17||"See You in September"||May 25, 1993|