College of Business Administration (CBA)
|College of Business Administration (CBA)|
|Motto||Education for Job Opportunities|
|Location||Jeddah and Dahaban, Saudi Arabia|
|Colors||Red and Blue|
In the year 2000, the Institute of Business Administration (IBA) was established as a private institute for business and commerce studies. It had become the College of Business Administration (CBA) in 2003. Currently, it has grown to be known by the name of UBT (University of Business and Technology).
To be recognized as the pre-eminent business college that develops business leaders and nurtures entrepreneurial attitudes, skills and competencies.
- To close the gap between education, job opportunities and skills needed by business and non-business organizations.
- To provide students with knowledge, skills and attributes required for leadership and success in the demanding local and global corporate business environment.
Accredited by the Saudi Ministry of Higher Education. In June 2012, UBT was formally awarded the National Accreditation NCAAA (National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment).  CBA is the first private college in Saudi Arabia that pursuits and works for the national accreditation to receive the Institutional and Programs accreditation from the NCAAA for the period May 2010 to May 2014 for the following five programs:
- Human Resource
- Management Information System
CBA did not apply for accrediting Supply Chain Management program since "the students had not graduated from the program yet", as announced by Dr. Abdullah Dahlan (Board of Trustee, Chairman).
Amount per credit hour is SAR 1400 (approx.). For a freshman, a maximum of four courses can be taken - usually, each course is of 3 credit hours (sometimes 4) - so she/he will have to pay an average of SAR 16,800 (1400 * 3(hrs) * 4(courses no.)) for courses and registration fee of SAR 250, totaling SAR 17,050 (book fees aside).
The college offers bachelor of business administration (BBA) degrees with the following specializations:
- Human Resources Management
- Management Information Systems
- Supply Chain Management
- [dead link]
- "Private Colleges". MOHE. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Congrats UBT / CBA!". Facebook. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- صحيفة عكاظ (30 June 2012). "صحيفة عكاظ- شؤون الوطن - بأمر الملك: جامعة للتكنولوجيا بجدة و9 كليات جديدة". Okaz. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Timeline Photos". Facebook. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- [dead link]