Crichton Award for Children's Book Illustration
The Crichton Award for Children's Book Illustration is one of several awards presented annually by the Children's Book Council of Australia (CBCA).
The award was set up from a legacy made to the Victorian Branch of the CBCA by Mr Wallace Raymond Crichton in 1985. The first award was presented in 1988.
To see the history of the CBCA and other CBCA Awards, see: List of CBCA Awards
Award Category and Description
The Crichton Award for Children's Book Illustration is for recognising new talent in the field of Australian children's book illustration.
List of Crichton Award Winners
- 1988 - Raymond Meeks for The Pheasant and the Kingfisher
- 1989 - Marilyn Pride for Australian Dinosaurs
- 1990 - Jeanie Adams for Pigs and Honey
- 1991 - Grace Fielding for Bip, the Snapping Bungaroo
- 1992 - Kim Gamble for The Magnificent Nose & Other Marvels
- 1993 - Donna Leslie for Alitiji in Dreamland
- 1994 - Jenny Sands for Is it True Grandfather?
- 1995 - Joint Winners
- Astri Baker for I Wish I'd Gone to the Moon with Neil Armstrong
- Geoff Kelly for Power and Glory
- 1996 - Anne Spudvilas for The Race
- 1997 - Sally Rippin for Fang Fang's Chinese New Year
- 1998 - Joint Winners
- Shaun Tan for The Viewer
- Anna Pignataro for I'm in the Sky and I Can't Come Back
- 1999 - No winner this year
- 2000 - Lorette Broekstra for Baby Bear goes to the Zoo
- 2001 - Caroline Magerl for Grandma's Shoes
- 2002 - Mini Goss for When Mum was Little
- 2003 - Naomi Mairou for The Dugong Meadow
- 2004 - Freya Blackwood for Two Summers
- 2005 - Declan Lee for Wings
- 2006 - Jeremy Geddes for The Mystery of Eilean Mor
- 2007 - Vince Agostino for When elephants lived in the sea
- 2008 - Anna Walker for Santa’s Aussie Holiday
- 2009 - Sarah Davis for Mending Lucille
- 2010 - Joint Winners
- Andy Geppert for Little big tree
- Andrew Joyner for The terrible plop
- "The Crichton Award for Children's Book Illustration". Children's Book Council of Australia. Archived from the original on 2007-07-23. Retrieved 2007-07-29.