Danny Williams (footballer, born 1989)
|Full name||Daniel Williams|
|Date of birth||March 8, 1989|
|Place of birth||Karlsruhe, West Germany|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
|2008–2011||SC Freiburg II||60||(4)|
|2013||1899 Hoffenheim II||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:06, 4 May 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
On June 25, 2013, it was confirmed that Williams joined Reading on a four-year contract. On August 3, Williams made his debut in the season opener against Ipswich Town. He came on as a substitute in the second half as Reading won the game 2–1. He scored his first goal for the club on 1 February 2014, in a 3-0 win against Millwall.
As a youth, Williams played for the Germany under-15 team. However, due to FIFA regulations concerning dual citizenship, he remained eligible to play at the senior level for either Germany or the United States. He was called up by United States team for two friendlies in October 2011, and made his first appearance for the USA on October 8, 2011 in a 1–0 victory against Honduras. Williams was the first player to earn his first national team cap under the Americans' new head coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
|SC Freiburg II||2008–09||Regionalliga Süd||33||2||—||—||—||33||2|
|1899 Hoffenheim II||2012–13||Regionalliga Südwest||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
Born in Karlsruhe, West Germany, Williams is the son of an American father and German mother. His father is originally from North Carolina, and was stationed in Heidelberg while serving in the United States military. Williams is a citizen of both Germany and the United States. On September 30, 2011, Williams obtained an American passport, making him eligible to play for the United States national team.
- "Player Profile". achtzehn99.de. TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Fußball-Spielbetriebs GmbH. Archived from the original on April 1, 2012. Retrieved April 1, 2012.
- Sciaretta, Brian (February 10, 2010). "Williams Emerging at SC Freiburg". Yanks-Abroad.com. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- "VfB siegt 1:0 gegen den SC Freiburg". vfb1.de (in German). January 23, 2010. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- "Der VfB Stuttgart siegt beim SC Freiburg mit 1:0". Badische Zeitung. January 22, 2010. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- "Reading sign USA midfielder Danny Williams from Hoffenheim" BBC Sport. June 25, 2013. Retrieved June 25, 2013.
- "Opening day win". Reading F.C. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Millwall 0-3 Reading" BBC Sport. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "U.S. MNT Wins 1–0 against Honduras in Miami". USSoccer.com. U.S. Soccer. October 8, 2011. Archived from the original on April 1, 2012. Retrieved April 1, 2012.
- "Daniel Williams profile". Soccerway. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Daniel Williams career statistics". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Danny Williams profile at Reading F.C.
- Danny Williams career stats at Soccerbase
- Danny Williams at National-Football-Teams.com