David Stevenson (historian)
David Stevenson is a British historian specialising in the period of the First World War. He is Stevenson Professor of International History at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
Stevenson studied for his undergraduate degree at the University of Cambridge, before receiving a Ph.D. from the same university. He became a Lecturer at the LSE in 1982. In 1998, he was appointed Professor of International History. Between 2004 and 2005, he also received a Leverhulme Research Fellowship "for research on supply and logistics in 1914-1918"
His most recent book is With Our Backs to the Wall: Victory and Defeat in 1918, released by Penguin (in the UK) and Belknap Press.
His website can be found at: http://www.davidstevensonlse.co.uk/
Professor Stevenson is married and lives in Essex. He has six grandchildren: Hannah, Beth, William, Gemma, Ethan, James, and the family dogs are named Hannah and Oscar.
- Stevenson, D., French War Aims against Germany, 1914-1919, 1982 (Oxford University Press) ISBN 0-198-22574-1 OCLC 8170511
- Stevenson, D., The First World War and International Politics, 1988 (Oxford University Press) ISBN 0-198-73049-7 OCLC 16833256
- Stevenson, D., Armaments and the Coming of War: Europe, 1904-1914, 1996 (Oxford University Press) ISBN 0-198-20208-3 OCLC 33079190
- Stevenson, D., The Outbreak of the First World War: 1914 in Perspective, 1997 (Macmillan) ISBN 0-333-58327-2 OCLC 35212787
- Stevenson, D., 1914-1918: the History of the First World War, 2004 (Penguin Press), also published as Cataclysm: the First World War as Political Tragedy (by Basic Books, USA) ISBN 0-465-08184-3 OCLC 54001282, La Grande Guerra: Una Storia Globale (by Rizzoli, Italy) and Der Erste Weltkrieg (by Artemis and Winkler, Germany)
- Stevenson, D., With Our Backs to the Wall: Victory and Defeat in 1918, 2011 (Penguin Books, Harvard University Press) ISBN 0-674-06226-4 OCLC 709670290
- David Stevenson (Pritzker Military Museum & Library)