"Don't Let Go" is a song written by Jesse Stone. The song was first a hit for Roy Hamilton in 1958. The Roy Hamilton version reached #2 on the R&B charts and #12 on the pop charts.
- In 1964, The 4 Seasons released a version on their Dawn (Go Away) album
- In 1965, Jerry Lee Lewis released a version on his album, The Return of Rock.
- In 1974, Mel Tillis and Sherry Bryce recorded the song. The MGM single reached #11 in the US Country chart.
- In 1974, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen recorded this song for the Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen and it went to #56 on the US charts in 1975.
- In 1976, The Jerry Garcia Band recorded this song at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco which was later released on an album entitled Don't Let Go.
- In 1979, Jerry Lee Lewis again recorded the song on his Jerry Lee Lewis album.
- In 1979, Isaac Hayes recorded a disco version of the song peaking at #11 on the soul chart and #18 on the Hot 100. The song was Hayes' most successful entry on the disco chart, peaking at #3.
- In 1990, Jeff Lynne, of Electric Light Orchestra recorded a cover of the song for his first solo album, Armchair Theatre.