Edwina (given name)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Edwina in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The name Edwina is the female version of the male name Edwin, which derives from Old English and means "rich friend." Edwin was a popular name until the time of the Norman Conquest, and then wasn't often used again until Victorian times.
- Edwina Booth (1909–1991), American actress
- Edwina Brudenell (born 1961), granddaughter of Adm. Louis Mountbatten
- Edwina Currie (born 1946), former Conservative Member of Parliament
- Edwina Dumm (1910-2007), comic strip artist
- Edwina Hart (born 1957), Welsh Assembly Minister for Social Justice
- Edwina Mountbatten (1901–1960), English heiress and wife of Adm. Louis Mountbatten
- Edwina Noone, pseudonym used by author Michael Avallone
- Edwina Sandys, sculptor and granddaughter of Sir Winston Churchill
- Edwina Tops-Alexander, Australian equestrian rider
- Edwina Dunn, character on the soap opera EastEnders
- Edwina Lewis, character on ABC daytime soap opera One Life to Live
- Edwina Lionheart, character played by Diana Rigg in the film Theatre of Blood
- Edwina Richese, character in the novel Dune: House Atreides
- Edwina Winston, character on The Simpsons (former lover of Abraham Simpson).
- Edwina Monsoon, though changed to Edina, main character of Absolutely Fabulous played by Jennifer Saunders.
- Edwina Cutwater In All of Me (1984), a difficult, eccentric millionairess named (Lily Tomlin) has been bedridden since childhood.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|