De Cannenburgh Castle
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Hans van der Hoeve (VVD)|
|• Total||157.37 km2 (60.76 sq mi)|
|• Land||156.29 km2 (60.34 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.08 km2 (0.42 sq mi)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|Population (January 2014)|
|• Density||207/km2 (540/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The municipality had a population of data missing in 2014, the town itself had a population of 15,593 in 2007. The town hall stands in Epe, which is situated about 16 km (9.9 mi) north of Apeldoorn and 21 km (13 mi) south of Zwolle.
Another important town within the municipality is Vaassen (12,739 inhabitants), halfway between Epe and Apeldoorn. It has an interesting castle called 'De Cannenburgh', which is open to visitors (guided tour compulsory). Epe, Vaassen and also the village of Oene each have a beautiful medieval church. Other population centres of interest are Emst, Gortel, Tongeren, Wissel and Zuuk.
Twin towns – Sister cities
Epe is twinned with:
- Marc Overmars (Emst, 1973), football player. Played for AFC Ajax, Arsenal F.C. and F.C. Barcelona.
- Teun Mulder (Zuuk, 1981), track cyclist.
- Esther Hart (Epe, 1970), singer.
- Helen Fermate (Halfweg, 1964), artist.
- "College" [Board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Epe. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 8161CL". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 10 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|