Fine Sounds Group
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (January 2014)|
The project of Fine Sounds Group takes shape in 2007, when the Asset Management Company Quadrivio SGR – main shareholder of the group – acquires the brand Sonus faber, the Italian company specialized in high-end loudspeakers. In 2009 Mauro Grange joins the group as CEO of Sonus Faber.
The "buy and build" strategy carried on by Quadrivio results in the acquisition of Audio Research in 2009, Sumiko in 2010, Wadia in 2011 and McIntosh Laboratories in 2012, which constitute the holding Fine Sounds Group. Through the acquisition of these brands, Fine Sounds Group become a relevant holding in the sector of audio hi end, with € 50 million sales in 2011. The holding takes part in an official event as one unique family for the first time in 2013, with the participation in the Munich High End Show.
On the 9th of May 2014 Mauro Grange and Charlie Randall, president of McIntosh Laboratory, Inc., announced their plans for a management buyout of Fine Sounds Group in partnership with LBO France and Yarpa.
- Audio Research, company founded in 1970 and specialized in the production and sale of high-definition vacuum-tube and solid state electronic audio components.
- McIntosh Laboratory, founded in 1949. American producer of high fidelity and home entertainment systems.
- Sonus faber, founded in 1983, has been producing high end acoustic speakers for over 30 years.
- Wadia Digital, one of the first companies dedicated to high performance digital audio reproduction. Wadia Digital has been at the front for cutting edge technology in Apple iPod and iPhone docking stations.
- Sumiko, North American importer and distributor of audio components and specifically of all the brands of the Fine Sounds portfolio.
- Fine Sounds Asia, importer and distributor of Audio Research and Sonus for the Asian market.
- "Audio Research Acquired by Quadrivio". Stereophile.com. 2008-01-30. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Fine Sounds SpA Acquires Sumiko". Stereophile.com. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Fine Sounds Acquires Wadia Digital". AVguide. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Fine Sounds Group Acquires McIntosh Laboratory". The Absolute Sound. 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Fondo Q2 - Fine Sounds Group". Quadrivio SGR. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Fine Sounds Group @ Munich Hi End 2013". YouTube. 2013-06-06. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Grange and Randall Lead Management Buyout of Fine Sounds Group in Partnership with LBO France and Yarpa". marketwatch.com. 2014-05-09.
|This Italian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|