||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2014)|
Flexera Software is an American computer software company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States with American offices in San Jose and San Francisco. In Europe the company has offices in Cheshire and Maidenhead (UK) and Munich. In Asia/Pacific the company has offices in Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Tokyo.
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. The company's Application Usage Management solutions help ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimized software investments and future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. With more than 80,000 customers Flexera Software is viewed as a trusted and neutral source as a result of its knowledge and expertise in licensing, installation and compliance, and for the automation and intelligence designed into its products. Among their products are AdminStudio application packaging, the FlexNet Publisher license manager and the InstallAnywhere and InstallShield installation packagers.
History of Flexera
The company used to be the Rovi Corporation's software division (at the time it was still named Macrovision). On 1 April 2008, Macrovision sold its software division to the Thoma Cressey Bravo investment fund.
In October 2009, Acresso Software, Inc. became Flexera Software.
On July 19, 2011 Thoma Cressey Bravo sold a majority stake in Flexera Software LLC to Teachers' Private Capital, the private investment department of the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan. The transaction was finalized on October 3, 2011.
Products and Services
Flexera Software Application Usage Management products and services are broken out by the market(s) they serve.
For Application Producers
Flexera Software helps software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers increase the usage and value their customers derive from their software. Installation, licensing, entitlement management and delivery solutions help maximize revenues through continuous licensing compliance and optimization of product development resources. Producers implement these solutions to help future-proof their businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology and to enable rapid adoption of new licensing and delivery models and platforms. Flexera Software's producer-focused solutions are used by more than 70,000 organizations in more than 20,000 applications on more than 500 million desktops.
- FlexNet Licensing helps application producers implement software licensing—from strict enforcement to usage-based and subscription—within their software products. FlexNet Licensing supports on-premise, cloud, embedded and mobile applications.
- FlexNet Connect helps application producers deliver software updates to their products, provide in-product messaging to their customers and collect analytics on the usage of their products to make more informed product decisions.
- FlexNet Operations helps application producers centrally manage customer entitlements from delivery to activation and renewals, helping their run the backoffice operations of a software business. It also provides for entitlement-based electronic software delivery, helping application producers provide a user-driven, self-help download experience for purchased software.
- InstallAnywhere is a multi-platform software installer product that helps application producers create reliable multi-platform installations for their on-premises, virtual and cloud software products.
- InstallShield is a software install product that helps application producers create reliable Windows installer (MSI), InstallScript and Microsoft App-V virtual packages for Windows applications.
Flexera Software helps enterprises increase the usage and value they derive from the software they purchase. The company's enterprise-focused solutions help organizations future-proof their business against technology changes, optimize their software investments and prevent unexpected costs and risks by enabling continuous license compliance, and ensuring software is readily available when and where needed.
- AdminStudio Suite helps enterprises manage their Application Readiness process to reliably deliver applications to their users. Included in the Suite are AdminStudio for MSI packaging, customization and testing, AdminStudio Application Compatibility Pack for application compatibility testing, AdminStudio Virtualization Pack for managing application virtualization and AdminStudio Mobile Pack for managing mobile applications through the Application Readiness process.
- AdminStudio Virtual Desktop Assessment helps enterprises plan for user-centric computing initiatives by assessing which computers and users are viable candidates for virtual desktop infrastructure projects.
- App Portal helps enterprises setup and run an internal enterprise app store that provides users with self-service access to the applications they need to do their jobs.
- FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises helps organizations gain control of software licensing, reduce risk, and optimize spend across the enterprise. It is a next generation hardware and software asset management, contract management and Software License Optimization solution that automates purchased versus installed license reconciliation, applies license entitlements to minimize license consumption and allows organizations to reduce software audit risk by maintaining continuous license compliance. Products in the Suite allow organizations to efficiently manage concurrent license servers, reduce denials of service and maximize application utilization. Unprecedented insight into software usage and usage trends allows organizations to optimize license types and better forecast future software needs.
Included in FlexNet Producer Suite are specialized Software License Optimization modules for IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Symantec, and engineering applications. FlexNet Manager Suite is available on-premises or as a cloud-based offering.
- Thoma Bravo Completes Acquisition of Macrovision's Software Business Unit
- Acresso who? Macrovision spinoff changes name, again