Francis Wollaston (scientist)
Francis Wollaston (6 June 1694, London - 27 December 1774) was an English scientist. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1723. Wollaston was the third son of William Wollaston. He was educated at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
He married Mary Fauquier, daughter of John Francis Fauquier and sister of Lt. Gov. Francis Fauquier of Virginia Colony, in 1728 and they had the following children:
- Mary Wollaston (1730-1813) married William Heberden
- Charlton Wollaston (1733-1764), physician
- Francis Wollaston (1737-1815), priest and astronomer.
- George Wollaston (1738-1828) (FRS)
- William Henry Wollaston, (1737-1759), dsp
- "Francis Wollaston (WLSN712F)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
|This article about a British scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|