|Founded||Quezon City, Philippines (1997)|
|Headquarters||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Number of locations||47|
|Key people||Gerry Apolinario (founder)|
Gerry’s Grill is a group of restaurants based in the Philippines. It is also among the largest restaurant chains in the country, having 47 stores (44 in the Philippines and 3 in the United States).
Gerardo B. Apolinario had a way of enjoying delicious food with friends and relatives. In this, he dreamed of a place of such pleasant ambience which he would share with them. After gathering his folks for organizing, Gerry's Grill was opened on Valentines Day in 1997. Since then, the restaurant business rapidly expanded. Apolinario's explanation regarding how he founded the chain was:
|“||When we were in college, I was always the designated cook of the group whenever we had out-of-town trips. I eventually mastered it.||”|
During the opening of a branch in Cebu, Apolinario once quoted:
|“||You should be consistent with your food and service. That is the secret.||”|
Other countries that being considered to have branches soon include Canada, Australia, and Thailand.
One of its high promoted delicacies is blue marlin (as emphasize by the restaurant logo). This fish is served in four ways.
Their best selling dish however is sisig, a dish of fried pieces of pork which originated from Angeles City in the province of Pampanga and has since become an integral part of Philippine cuisine. This dish also comes in tuna and milk fish versions.
Gerry's Grill has branches all over Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
Slogans and advertising
- You'd rather be at Gerry's (old version)
- You'd still rather be at Gerry's (new version)
- Handa kami sa gutom niyo! (We're prepared for your hunger!) ^_^
- "Gerry’s Grill opens, offers local favorites". Sun.Star Cebu. August 11, 2004. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "Gerry's Grill bares int'l expansion plans". philSTAR.com. November 15, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Gerry's grill to open at Marina Bay sands, Singapore". Philippine Star. 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "More Gerry's Grill branches to rise overseas". GMA. 2011-02-07. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- Paterno Esmaquel II (February 7, 2011). "More Gerry's Grill branches to rise overseas". GMA News Online. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
December 12, 2009. Gerry's Grill Press Exposure (Backroom Inc.), Ezine Articles. com, http://ishalleatandcook.blogspot.com.
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|