Greg Little (American football)
Little in Training Camp with the Browns.
No. 15 Free Agent
|Date of birth:May 30, 1989|
|Place of birth: Durham, North Carolina|
|High school: Durham (NC) Hillside|
|College: North Carolina|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Cleveland Browns|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013
Gregory Lamar Little (born May 30, 1989) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football and college basketball at North Carolina.
High school career
Little attended Hillside High School in Durham, North Carolina, graduating in the spring of 2007. Little primarily played tailback during his junior year as well as spending some time at wide receiver. His vertical jump was 40.0" and his broad jump was 10-1. North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC all offered scholarships for Little to attend their respective colleges. He visited North Carolina on October 13, 2006, Notre Dame on September 16, 2006, and Ohio State on September 23, 2006. He later verbally committed to the University of North Carolina. Little had a high school GPA of 2.7 and scored 930 on the SAT. He played in the 2007 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
As a freshman in college during 2007, he had a total of 300 rushing yards and 99 receiving yards. Little also returned kickoffs for total of 145 yards. As a sophomore, he had a total of 339 rushing yards, 146 receiving yards, and 141 return yards. During his final collegiate season, as a junior, Little had 166 rushing yards, 724 receiving yards, and 222 kickoff return yards.  As a senior in 2010, Little did not play, as he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for lying to investigators about receiving travel accommodations and jewelry.
On November 19, 2013, the University of North Carolina sent a disassociation letter to Little, Marvin Austin, and Robert Quinn for the improper benefits taken during their time at the university. The three athletes are prohibited from contacting current North Carolina athletes and are not allowed inside the Kenan Football Center or other athletic facilities on campus.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 1/2 in||231 lb||33 1/4 in||9 1/8 in||4.53 s||4.21 s||6.8 s||40.5 in||10 ft 9 in||27 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Greg Little finished the 2011 season leading the Cleveland Browns in catches and receiving yards. Little was second among rookies in catches, behind first round pick A. J. Green and fifth in yards behind A.J. Green, Torrey Smith, Julio Jones, and Doug Baldwin. He also finished with two touchdowns.
On May 16, 2014, Little was released by the Browns after 3 seasons with the team.
On August 30th, 2014, Little was released by the Raiders.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- http://www.tarheeltimes.com/rosterbasketball-2007.aspx, retrieved June 25, 2011 Missing or empty
- foxsportsnext.com, & Scout.com. (2011). Greg Little. Retrieved December 10, 2012, from http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1860630
- Sports Reference LLC. (2012). Greg Little. Retrieved December 5, 2012, from http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/greg-little-1.html
- Agent scandal costs UNC three players
- "UNC severs ties with Austin, Little, Quinn". Raleigh News & Observer. 2013-11-19. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/greg-little?id=2495192, retrieved April 30, 2011 Missing or empty
- Raiders claim Greg Little on waivers
- Elias Sports Bureau. (2012). Greg Little Stats. Retrieved March, 2014, from http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14024/greg-little
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Oakland Raiders bio
- Cleveland Browns bio
- North Carolina Tar Heels bio