|Born||May 28, 1962
Leongatha, Victoria, Australia
|Occupation||President & CEO, La Trobe Financial|
|Parents||Ray O'Neill (Dec. 1 Sept 2007), Gloria O'Neill|
Gregory Kevin (Greg) O'Neill (born 28 May 1962 in Leongatha) is an Australian businessman and the current President & CEO of La Trobe Financial, one of Australia's leading bank independent credit specialist Funds manager. In 2011, O’Neill was nominated by Rainmaker Group as the 2011 Wealth Management Executive of the year. O’Neill assumed the position of CEO at La Trobe Financial in May 1997, succeeding his father Mr Ray O’Neill who founded the company in 1952.
Early life, education and personal life 
Greg O’Neill, born the youngest of five children, siblings Dr D'arne Joan O'Neill (Published academic), Carolyn Margaret Fickler (Nursing sister), Prof Phillip Raymond O'Neill (Published academic) and Margot Therese O'Neill (Journalist: Lateline ABC, dual Walkley Award Winner, UN Media Peace Award), grew up in the Gippsland countryside.
O’Neill went on to successfully complete a Bachelor of Economics & Econometrics at Monash University (1982), and in 2000 completed Securities Institute of Australia (SIA) Certificate of "Financial Planning - Principles & Practice".
O’Neill married Catherine (Kate) Allen in 1992; they have five children: Grace, Gina, Brigitte, Robbie & Lucy.
Professional career 
In 1983 O'Neill joined the US based IT Company NCR Limited as an Account Manager. Thereafter he was appointed Trainee Company Secretary at Security Permanent Building Society in Melbourne then owned by Advance Bank of Australia Limited, before joining La Trobe Financial in 1985.
In 1990 he was appointed, by the Attorney General Jan Wade, to a government Advisory Committee on housing policy.
During the period 1992 - 2002 O’Neill was a member of the International Committee of the Mortgage Bankers Association of America (MBA).
1998 saw O’Neill placed on the Finance experts Register at the Australian Institute of Banking and Finance (AIBF).
And in 2011 he nominated as the 2011 Wealth Management Executive of the Year by Rainmaker.
2012 Nominated to Ernst & Young Australian Entrepreneur of the Year.
O'Neill is the past chairman (2006 - 2009) of the Melbourne Tigers Basketball Club Limited when the club appeared in all four finals of the Australian National Basketball League (NBL) winning two National Championships.
After joining La Trobe Financial (founded by his father Raymond - author of Starting your own business, Job Fever) he has overseen a modernisation and corporatisation of the business into one of Australia's most respected independent bank brands. O'Neill was appointed CEO on May 31, 1997 after 12 years employment at La Trobe Financial.
O'Neill is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD) and a Senior Fellow (Life) of Financial Services Institute of Australia (Finsia).
La Trobe Financial, established 1952, is a bank independent credit specialist Funds Manager having managed over $10billion of investment mandates, and is now expanding into the International market after the opening of their Shanghai Office in 2008.
The company is recognised as a leading innovator in both product and service offerings in the private property debit market in Australia. For the last four consecutive years, La Trobe Financial has been voted Australia's Best Mortgage Fund by Money magazine, and recently Awarded two international Funds Management Awards from AIAIR in Hong Kong
- La Trobe Financial (1 Jan 2012) Website (http://www.latrobefinancial.com.au/).
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 Nominations (http://www.eoy.ey.com.au/www/595/1001127/displayarticle/1645490.html)
- Raymond O'Neill (1 Jan 2002) "Job Fever" ISBN 0-9585172-0-7 (http://www.jobfever.com.au)
- Victorian Innovation in Fund Management Awards 2011 (20 April 2011) "Melbourne Financial Services Symposium" http://www.melbournefinancialservicessymposium.com.au/symposium-awards/victorian-innovation-in-funds-management-award/mfss2011-victorian-innovation-in-funds-management-award-winner/
- Money Magazine (December 2011) "Best Mortgage fund Award" http://www.latrobefinancial.com.au/web/Documents/Investments/IndependentMoneyMagazineReport.pdf
- La Trobe Financial (1 Jan 2012) Website http://www.latrobefinancial.com.au/web/BusinessAreas/Corporate/BoardOfDirectors.aspx
- Barrie Dunstan (9 Nov 2011) "A safe as houses Manager", Australian Financial Review (p36). http://afr.com/p/personal_finance/portfolio/safe_as_houses_money_manager_6ORzO7F4lHfu1Fr718lECN View as PDF
- Alison Beverage (14 March 2011) "The House that La Trobe Built", Financial Standard (p32). http://www.latrobefinancial.com.au/web/Documents/Investments/TheHouseThatLaTrobeBuilt.pdf
- Alan Kohler (27 Feb 2005) "Low Doc Home Loans", Inside Business ABC-TV. http://www.abc.net.au/insidebusiness/content/2005/s1312015.htm
- Kate Harvey (17 May 2001) "ASIC appoints Responsible entity", The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byId/PMIDCA256AF60076AF11CA256AF6007F5720?opendocument
- Dom Stammer (16 Nov 2011) "Safe as houses: values built on solid foundations", The Australian. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/wealth/safe-as-houses-values-built-on-solid-foundations/story-e6frgac6-1226191624417