2001Henley-Putnam University Logo
|President||James P. Killin|
|Location||San Jose, California, United States|
|Colors||Black, White, and Red|
|Website||Henley Putnam University|
Henley-Putnam University is a American online university focused on security: intelligence management, terrorism & counterterrorism, and strategic security & protection management. It was named to honor American Revolutionary War Intelligence Officers, Colonel David Henley and General Israel Putnam.
The university has a curriculum offering more than 150 courses among six bachelors and masters degree programs, a doctorate program, and certificates in seven subject areas. Its faculty comes from military, law enforcement, the counterterrorism community, and the intelligence community with an emphasis on "real world experience".
Accreditation, approvals, and memberships
Henley-Putnam University is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). As of 2014, it is also applying for regional accreditation with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The university is approved by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
Additionally, the university is associated with several military organizations. It is approved for use of Veteran benefits and works with DANTES, the American military's off-duty, voluntary education program for its members. and designated as a Servicemembers Opportunity Consortium University. It is also a member of CCME, the Council of College and Military Educators and Military Educators and participates in the Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC)
- "History Behind Our Name". Henley Putnam University. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "The California University of Protection and Intelligence Management has changed its name to Henley-Putnam University to better reflect its online degree programs in management of personal protection, intelligence management, and terrorism and counterterrorism.". (press release) (Security Management). 2007-06-07. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- Mullins, Robert (2004-05-14). "School protects valley executives from a dangerous world". Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "Henley-Putnam University Accreditation," http://www.henley-putnam.edu/about-henley-putnam/accreditation.aspx (accessed Oct 11, 2012)
- Defense Activities for Non-Traditional Education Support, Information Bulletin No. 384, December, 2008