|Motto||Advancement, Vigilance, Allegiance|
|President||James P. Killin|
|Location||San Jose, California, United States|
|Website||Henley Putnam University|
Henley-Putnam University is an American online university that specializes in strategic security: intelligence management, terrorism & counterterrorism, and strategic security & protection management.
The university has a curriculum offering more than 150 courses among six bachelors and masters degree programs, a doctorate program, and certificates in seven subject areas. Its faculty comes from military, law enforcement, the counterterrorism community, and the intelligence community with an emphasis on "real world experience".
Henley-Putnam University was founded as the California University of Protection and Intelligence Management by former members of the CIA, US Secret Service, FBI and others in the intelligence community. It was subsequently renamed to honor American Revolutionary War spies Colonel David Henley and Israel Putnam. Its current CEO is Jim Killin. Its current Provost is Dr. Amy DiMaio, Provost of Academics.
The university's mission is to:
|“||Serve professionals in the strategic security industry, especially within the law enforcement, military and the intelligence community, by increasing their opportunities for advancement in the fields of intelligence management, counterterrorism and terrorism studies, and strategic security & protection management.||”|
Henley-Putnam university focuses its program on many core concepts including counterterrorism studies, intelligence management, and strategic security & protection management. It offers Bachelors of Science degrees, Master of Science degrees, certificate programs in various security and intelligence subjects, and a doctoral degree in Strategic Security.
Henley-Putnam University faculty members have collectively served in senior positions in the CIA, DOD, DOJ, DHS, FBI, DIA, NSA, and British Intelligence, all branches of the U.S. Armed Services, as well as local, state and federal law enforcement.
Recent Awards & Honors
Henley-Putnam University Named Top Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Henley-Putnam Awarded Honor for the Third Consecutive Year
Press release San Jose, CA Sept. 13, 2011 http://www.henley-putnam.edu/993-185.htm
- Accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) 
- Approved for use of Veteran benefits and works with DANTES, the American military's off-duty, voluntary education program for its members.
- Designated as a Servicemembers Opportunity Consortium University (SOC)
- Member of CCME, the Council of College and Military Educators and Military Educators
- A participating university in the Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC)
- "Henley-Putnam University has applied for Eligibility from the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. WASC has reviewed the application and determined that the University is eligible to proceed with an application for Initial Accreditation. A determination of Eligibility is not a formal status with the Accrediting Commission, nor does it ensure eventual accreditation; it is a preliminary finding that the institution is potentially accreditable and can proceed within four years of its Eligibility determination to be reviewed for Initial Accreditation status with the Accrediting Commission." 
- Mullins, Robert (2004-05-14). "School protects valley executives from a dangerous world". Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "History Behind Our Name". Henley Putnam University. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "The California University of Protection and Intelligence Management has changed its name to Henley-Putnam University to better reflect its online degree programs in management of personal protection, intelligence management, and terrorism and counterterrorism.". (press release) (Security Management). 2007-06-07. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- . Henley-Putnam University http://henley-putnam.edu. Retrieved 10/07/2013. Missing or empty
- . OnlineDegreeReviews http://www.onlinedegreereviews.org/college/henley-putnam-university-reviews/. Retrieved 10/7/2013. Missing or empty
- "The Best Degrees Online". 10/7/2013.
- "Health and Education Committee, U.S. Senate". Retrieved 10/7/2013.
- Defense Activities for Non-Traditional Education Support, Information Bulletin No. 384, December, 2008
- "Henley-Putnam University Accreditation," http://www.henley-putnam.edu/about-henley-putnam/accreditation.aspx (accessed Oct 11, 2012)