Anugerah Musik Indonesia
|Anugerah Musik Indonesia|
Singer Agnes Monica, with one of her AMIs in 2004
|Awarded for||Outstanding achievements in the music industry|
|Presented by||Indonesian Music Awards' Board of Directors|
Anugerah Musik Indonesia (in English: Indonesian Music Awards), also known as AMI or colloquially AMI Awards is an annual Indonesian major music awards. They have been compared to the American Grammy Awards.
The awards were formalized as the Indonesian Music Awards in 1997 as a joint project between ASIRI (Recording Industry Association of Indonesia), PAPPRI (Singers, Songwriters, and Music Record Producers Association of Indonesia), and KCI (Copyright Office of Indonesia).
Each of the three founding organizations originally contributed one board member, under the direction of Indonesian country singer Tantowi Yahya. Under this board was another, less powerful board. There are afterwards further divisions based on specialty, including Marketing, Communication, and Membership.
List of awards
|2006||20 December 2006||Jakarta|||
|2009||24 April||Balai Sarbini||Jakarta|||
|2010||9 June||Mangga Dua||Jakarta|||
The AMI are awarded in a series of categories, each of which isolate a specific contribution to music. AMI categories have been added and removed over time. The 2010 awards had 35 categories, while the 2011 awards had 46.
The Beat magazine describes the AMI's as "the Grammy's a la Indonesia".
- "13 Tahun Anugerah Musik Indonesia" [13 Years of the Indonesian Music Awards] (in Indonesian). The Beat Magazine. 2010. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Anggie, Hernowo (15 June 2011). "Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) 2011 Prepares 46 Awards" [Anugerah Musik Indonesia (AMI) 2011 Siapkan 46 Penghargaan] (in Indonesian). Tabloid Bintang. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "God Bless Anugerah Musik Indonesia" (in Indonesian). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2009. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Samsons dan Agnes Monica Sabet Berbagai Kategori" [Samsons and Agnes Monica Win Several Categories] (in Indonesian). Gatra. 21 December 2006. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- AMI Awards 2008 Siap Digelar, Antara News, 11/04/08
|This music event–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|