Inter:gator Enterprise Search
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2012)|
inter:gator is an Information Access Platform and a Product Suite for Enterprise Search. It is developed by interface projects GmbH, a subsidiary by the interface business group with its head office in Dresden, Sachsen.
- 1 Development
- 2 Features
- 3 Strategic Partnerships
- 4 Awards
- 5 Individual detections
- 6 External links
In the Year 2003 the first version of inter:gator come onto the market. The key functions are built on the program `TextDog`, which was developed by Kristian Hermsdorf in context of his diploma thesis in 2000. He wrote his thesis about the automated classification of documents with neural networks. This thesis became the starting point for the Enterprise Search Solution “inter:gator”.
The software was developed for quickly location of relevant information within enterprise network (Enterprise Search). The product is available as Enterprise Search and Micro Edition.
Responsible for the high scalability of the software are integrated modules like the Documentation Reader. inter:gator runs after installation on every Internetbrowser. Responsible for a high degree of individualization is the free adaptable Dashboard.
Fundament of the dashboard is a search throughout various systems. Results of preconfigurable search requests will be shown in free placeable widgets on the dashboard. Possible filters and combinations give room for specific views on all available information: For example all documents published by a workgroup during the last 5 days can be shown in one widget.
Context-Dependent Search Suggestion
Suggestions coming up by relations are known since internet search engines have been used. These suggestions encourage more complex queries, which are not always of relevance. Data based applications offer support for filling forms and search fields, prepared by an exact list of waked feeds. Suggestions made by inter:gator are generated by an adapted combination of both methods.
Thumbnail previews and knowledge network
The usability and flexibility in displaying search results and hit details is supported by dynamically rendered templates. So it is possible to show various attributes, like metadata of search results as well as links to continuative information to similar or connected documents.
Facets have become standard in modern enterprise search solutions. Their main use can be seen in filtering search results by considering the peculiarity of values of important hit attributes. Facets can be defined at every moment and are available without reindexing while business goes on. In many cases the user will not find documents, but the specification of particular Meta data is the answer on a query. Therefore facets are presented as results and not real search results.
A condition for a full text search and the automatic production of metadata is the availability of text in the document. For scanned documents without text the use of the optional OCR-service is recommended.
When searching information into several hierarchical levels, inter:gator provides with the navigator perspective a competitive solution. Search results become navigable and visualisable in the form of a hyperbolic tree.
Intranet To Go
For mobile accessing of all enterprise information (list of employees, business contacts, documentations etc.) a special web interface is available to the user.
- Combination between favorites and tags leads to individualization within the application
- Facets serves as restriction for search terms and can be redefined every time
- Dynamic grouping of search results leads to prioritization of parts of the result
- Recognizing scanned text (OCR) for opening additional content and generation of metadata with help of text-identification service
Fields of application
- Centralized search for all data sources in the enterprise
- Application specific search
- Knowledge management platform
- Search Based Applications (e.g. Business Applications/Business Intelligence)
- Search in Portals and Online-Shops (eCommerce)
- Since 2008 PPS Pre Press System GmbH from Oberusel/Taunes integrated inter:gator since 2008 as intelligent search in the digitalized achieves.
- Since July 2011, the company cooperates with aexea GmbH from Stuttgart to collect knowledge together. With the joint product `analygator`, they can develop strategic knowledge about competitors. 
inter:gator Enterprise Search has been awarded by “Initiative Mittelstand” in the category `Reporting` as category-winner. In the year 2008 interface projects GmbH received an award in the category knowledge management for inter:gator. 2009 inter:gator reached the round of nominated in the category Landessieger Saxony.
- Pressemitteilung auf openpr.de
- Initiative Mittelstand - Auszeichnungen 2007 Kategorie Reporting
- Initiative Mittelstand - Auszeichnungen 2008 Kategorie Wissensmanagement
- Pressearchiv interface:projects GmbH