International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations
The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA) represents the research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe. The research-based pharmaceutical industry’s 1.3 million employees research, develop and provide medicines and vaccines that improve the life of patients worldwide. Based in Geneva, IFPMA has official relations with the United Nations and contributes industry expertise to help the global health community find solutions that improve global health.
IFPMA manages global initiatives including: IFPMA Developing World Health Partnerships studies and identifies trends for the research-based pharmaceutical industry's long-term partnership programs to improve health in developing countries; IFPMA Code of Practice sets standards for ethical promotion of medicines; IFPMA Clinical Trials Portal helps patients and health professionals learn about ongoing clinical trials and trial results.
A full list of members is available on the IFPMA website.
IFPMA advocates policies that encourage discovery of and access to life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to improve the health of people everywhere.
- Advocate for sustainable health policies
- Encourage discovery of and access to life-saving and life-enhancing medicines
- Support science-based regulatory framework
- Promote ethical practices
- IFPMA Developing World Health Partnerships
- IFPMA Clinical Trials Portal
- International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH)
All IFPMA publications can be downloaded at: http://www.ifpma.org/resources/publications.html
- IFPMA-FIP, The threat of false friends, Joining efforts to protect patients against online sales of fake medicines, 2012
- IFPMA, IFPMA Framework for Action on NCDs, 2011-2012 Progress Report, 2012
- IFPMA, The New Frontiers of Biopharmaceutical Innovation, 2012
- IFPMA, Mental and Neurological Disorders, Innovative therapies, innovative collaborations, 2012
- IFPMA, Health by the Numbers: results of the 2011 IFPMA wellness survey, 2012
- IFPMA, Developing World Health Partnerships Directory, 2012
- IFPMA, Biotherapeutic Medicines: Grasping the New Generation of Treatments, 2012
- IFPMA / WADA, 2 FIELDS 1 GOAL Brochure, Protecting the integrity of science and sport, 2012
- IFPMA, The changing landscape on access to medicines, 2012
- IFPMA, Delivering the Promise of the Decade of Vaccines, 2012
- IFPMA Influenza Vaccines Supply International Task Force (IVS), Seasonal Influenza Vaccinations Series, 2012
- IFPMA, IFPMA Code of Practice, 2012
- IFPMA, Ending neglected tropical diseases, 2012
- IFPMA / WHPA, NCDs - An Action Toolkit for health professionals, patients and public
- Includes Health Improvement Card, 2011
- IFPMA, Data Exclusivity: Encouraging Development of New Medicines, 2011
- IFPMA, Technology Transfer: a Collaborative Approach to Improve Global Health, 2011
IFPMA Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ifpma