Iowa Mennonite School
|Iowa Mennonite School|
|1421 540th St. SW
Kalona, Iowa 52247
|Administrator||Dwight Gingerich (Assistant)|
|Principal||Anthony (Tony) Miller|
|Teaching staff||17 |
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Average class size||30 students |
Between 75% and 80% of the students are Mennonite, although students from any religious background are welcome. In all, there are about 110 students from ninth grade to twelfth grade.
"The purpose of Iowa Mennonite School is to provide a quality high school education that will encourage and enable each student to become a more informed, skilled and compassionate disciple within the body of Christ. In an atmosphere of a caring community of faculty, staff, parents and church, students will be encouraged to follow the teachings and example of Jesus Christ as interpreted in Anabaptist/Mennonite theology."
Governance and leadership
Twelve representatives from Mennonite churches in southeast Iowa, as well as IMS principal Anthony (Tony) Miller, make up the IMS Operating Board. Miller became principal at IMS when the Operating Board approved his hiring April 17, 2007.
Iowa Mennonite School is a member of the Iowa High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IGHSAU), and the Southeast Iowa Superconference (SEISC). The sports offered at IMS are baseball, boys basketball, girls basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, boys soccer, softball, track, and volleyball. It also has a partnership with Williamsburg Community Schools for football and Mid-Prairie Community Schools for girls soccer.
- "Iowa Mennonite School". Private School Review.com. 2012. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Information on Local Schools." Iowa City Press Citizen 3 Mar. 2010. www.press-citizen.com. 3 Mar. 2010. Web. 3 Mar. 2010.
- "Iowa Mennonite School." Wordpress. Web. 3 Mar. 2010. .
- "Faith Statment" www.iowamennonite.org
- Kalona News, April 19, 2007
- "Athletics" www.iowamennonite.org
- "Football" www.iowamennonite.org
- "Girls Soccer" www.iowamennonite.org
- Official website
- Iowa Mennonite School (Kalona, Iowa, USA) at Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online