James Bennett (footballer)
|Full name||James Richard Bennett|
|Date of birth||4 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Beverley, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2008–2009||→ Lincoln City (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011–2012||North Ferriby United|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:23, 9 December 2009 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
James Richard Bennett (born 4 September 1988) is an English footballer who plays as a defender for Scarborough Athletic. He previously played for Hull City, Lincoln City, Darlington, Bridlington Town and North Ferriby United.
Born in Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, Bennett started his career as a trainee with Hull City. In December 2006 he, along with Will Atkinson, Nicky Featherstone and Matty Plummer, penned a two-and-a-half-year professional deal with the club. He failed to break into Phil Brown's senior team and on 26 March 2009 joined League Two club Lincoln City on loan until the end of the 2008–09 season. He failed to make an appearance for the club during his loan spell, being restricted to three unused substitute appearances in the club's final three league games of the season.
Bennett was one of eight players released by Hull in the summer of 2009 and joined League Two side Darlington. He made his debut for Darlington on 29 August 2009 against Cheltenham Town coming on as a substitute. Bennett left Darlington in December 2009, having played seven league games, when manager Steve Staunton released him from his contract along with two other first team players, David Knight and Matty Plummer.
In August 2010 he signed for Bridlington Town debuting in the 2–1 Northern Counties East League win at Brighouse Town on 21 August 2010. In December 2011, he moved to join North Ferriby United. In July 2012 he signed for Scarborough Athletic, in the Northern Counties East League.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 43. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Future stars sign up". Hull City A.F.C. 8 December 2006. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Bennett signs on loan". Lincoln City F.C. 26 March 2009. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "Tigers release eight". Hull City A.F.C. 2 June 2009. Archived from the original on 1 March 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- Darlington 1 - 1 Cheltenham
- Stoddart, Craig (8 December 2009). "Three exit club as Quakers pay up contracts". The Northern Echo (Darlington). Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- "Bridlington earn victory at Brighouse". Hull Daily Mail. 23 August 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- "FA Trophy tie is cash boost to Ferriby". Hull Daily Mail. 9 December 2011. Retrieved 20 December 2011.