From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kalpana is considered to be the inventor of Ethernet switching as the company was the first to introduce the concept of a multi-port network switch with its seven-port EtherSwitch in 1989.
|Forwarding method||cut-through ("on the fly") packet switching|
- "Cisco to Acquire Kalpana, Leading Ethernet Switching Company". Cisco Systems, Inc. Archived from the original on 2010-06-18.
- Robert J. Kohlhepp (2000-10-02). "The 10 Most Important Products of the Decade". Network Computing. Retrieved 2008-02-25.
- "AT&T makes Ethernet switching as easy as a "Seabreeze"". Lucent Technologies. Archived from the original on 1997-06-14.
- "Ethernet Switching Is Being Pushed Into The Sphere Of Unimaginable Speeds". hardware.com. 2010-05-13. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- "Sun Microsystems Technical Product Marketing June 23, 1992". Sun Microsystems. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- Network world 1998 Network world 1998
- Network world website Network website
- Breidenbach, Susan (May 4, 1998). "Switching grows up: Where we've come from". Network World.