Kyoung Jun Lee
|Kyoung Jun Lee|
|Alma mater||KAIST (1995)
Seoul National University (2003)
|Occupation||Professor of management|
|Employer||Kyung Hee University|
|Revised Romanization||Yi Gyeong-jun|
Kyoung Jun Lee is a South Korean management professor. He is a professor of the School of Management at Kyung Hee University, as well as the founder and the director of BMER.net (Business Modeling, Engineering and Renovation Network). He was recently a visiting professor at UC Berkeley from February to August 2010 and a visiting professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, from September 2009 to January 2010.
Lee received B.S. (1990), M.S. (1992), and Ph.D. (1995) in Management Science from KAIST. His Master's thesis was Spatial Scheduling and its Application to Shipbuilding, and his doctoral thesis, under advisors Kim Sehun and Lee Jae-Kyu, Development of Spatial Scheduling Expert Systems, In addition, he also has a master degree (2001) in Public Administration of Seoul National University, and finished the Ph.D. course (2003) from the same institution.
- Sep. 1995 – Aug. 1996: Researcher and Lecturer, Graduate School of Management, KAIST
- Sep. 1996 – Aug. 1997. Visiting Scientist, Intelligent Coordination and Logistics Laboratory, Center for Integrated Manufacturing Decision Systems, The Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Aug. 1997 – Feb. 1999. Senior Researcher, ICEC (International Center for Electronic Commerce) and Graduate School of Management in KAIST
- Mar. 1999 – May. 2001. Assistant Professor, School of Business, Korea University
- June. 2001 – Dec. 2001: Visiting Professor, Dept. of Industrial Engineering, KAIST
- Mar. 2002 – Aug. 2003: Visiting Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University
- Sep. 2003 – Present: Associate Professor, College of Business Administration, Kyung Hee University
- Sep. 2009 – Jan. 2010: Fulbright Visiting Professor, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Cambridge, United States
He worked as a visiting scientist in the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, United States from 1996 to 1997. He was an assistant professor of School of Business in Korea University from 1999 to 2001. From 2001 to 2003, he joined the Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University as a visiting assistant professor. He won the IAAI (Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence) Awards twice in 1995 and 1997 from the AAAI (Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence).
His research interests are in designing and analyzing business models for commerce, media, and sustainability. He has dozens of patents, approved or pending, and published papers in Decision Support Systems, Organizational Computing & Electronic Commerce, Electronic Markets, AI Magazine, Electronic Commerce: Research & Applications, European Journal on Operational Research, Expert Systems with Applications, and Connections etc.
He has been involved in founding and advising Internet start-ups in South Korea, such as Cyworld(acquired by SK Communications), OneQ.com (acquired by Naver), Mobilians.co.kr (the top phone-based Internet payment company in South Korea), and FNBC (acquired by Galaxia Communications) etc. He is currently a non-executive director of YES24.com, a South Korean online bookseller.
He has been also closely working with incumbent companies such as SKT(SK Telecom), BC Card, NHN (The top Internet Company in South Korea), Samsung, KT (Korea Telecom), TU Media, and KTO (Korea Tourism Organization) etc. for developing new business models, business design methodology, and strategy. He is also an International Advisory Committee members of Contraco, the global consulting company and a vice Director of ICEC (International Center for Electronic Commerce, http://icec.net).
He has been serving public sectors as:
- Editor of Korea Internet White Paper, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 2001 –
- Committee Member of Korea E-Business Index, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 2002 –
- Committee Member of E-Government Service Evaluation, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, 2003.
- Committee Member of Proportional Representation Nomination, The URI Party, 2004.
- Advisory Committee Member of Citizen ID Card Development Research Project, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, 2005 –
- Advisory Committee Member of Government Information Sharing Project, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, 2005 –
Co-authored by Kyoung Jun Lee, in Korean:
- Lee et al., We are going to Microsociety, Woongjin Wings, 2008.
- Cho, W., Lee, K., Lee, H., Kwon, O., Kim, K., and Lee, E., Ubiquitous Paradigm and u-Society, Jinhan M&B, 2006.
- Lee, J. K., Lee, K. J., and Kim, W. J. (eds.), Principles of Electronic Commerce Pubyoung Publishing, 2nd ed, 1999 and 4th ed., 2006.
- Suh, Y., Park, J., Kim, J., Lee, K. & Kim, K., Management Information Systems, Hankyung Publishing, 2004.
- Lee, K., e-Business Dictionary, MOCIE/KIEC, 2004.
- Lee, K., Business Models, Pubyoung, (Forthcoming).
- Lee, J. K. and Lee, K. J. (eds.), Electronic Commerce and Channel Revolution, Pubyoung Publishing, 2000.
- Lee, K. J., Infomediation and Electronic Commerce (Korean Translation of Net Worth authored by Hagel III and Singer), 2000.
- Cho, N. and Lee, K. J., Korean Translation of Internet Business Models and Strategies by Afuah & Tucci, 2001.
- Kim, B., Park, S., Lee, K., "A Structural Equation Modeling of the Internet Acceptance in Korea" in Electronic Commerce: Research and Applications, 6:425–432, 2007.. ISSN 1567-4223
- Ko, K., Lee, K., Park, C., Rethinking Preferential Attachment Scheme in the dynamic network: Degree centrality or closeness centrality?, Connections 27(3):53-59, 2007. ISSN 0226-1776
- Lee, K. and Seo, Y., Design of a RFID-Based Ubiquitous Comparison Shopping System, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4251:1251–1267, 2006.
- Kim, H., Lee, K., Kim, J., A Peer-to-Peer CF-Recommendation for Ubiquitous Environment, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4088: 678-683, 2006.
- Lee, K. and Lee, J., Design of Ubiquitous Referral Marketing: A Business Model and Method, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4082:103-112, September, 2006.
- Lee, K., Jeong, M., Ju, J., Seamlessness & Privacy Enhanced Ubiquitous Payment, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4082:143-152, September, 2006.
- Lee, S., Suh, Y., Kim, J., Lee, K, A Cross-National Market Segmentation of Online Game Industry Using SOM, Expert Systems with Applications, 27:559-570, 2004. - SCIE, ISSN: 0957-4174
- Shin, K., Lee, K., and Kim, H., Support Vector Machines Approach to Pattern Detection in Bankruptcy Prediction and its Contingency, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3316:1254-1259, November, 2004. - SCIE ISSN:0302-9743
- Sungwon Cho, Kyoung Jun Lee, Martha E. Crosby, David N. Chin, Evaluation of an online multidimensional auction system: A computer simulation investigation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3182:126-134, September, 2004. - SCIE ISSN:0302-9743
- Kim, H. and Lee, K., Criteria of Good Project Network Generator and its Fulfillment using a Dynamic CBR Approach, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3155:630-644, September, 2004. - SCIE, ISSN:0302-9743
- Shin, K. and Lee, K., Neuro-genetic Approach for Bankruptcy Prediction Modeling, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 3214:646–652, September, 2004. - SCIE, ISSN:0302-9743
- Shin, K. and Lee, K., Bankruptcy Prediction Modeling Using Multiple Neural Network Models, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 3214:668–674, September, 2004. - SCIE, ISSN:0302-9743
- Lee, K., "Business Model and Governance of Policy Knowledge Service for Government Knowledge Management: A Case Study," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3035, 27-36, May, 2004. - SCIE, ISSN:0302-9743
- Lee, K., and Jeon, B., "Analysis of Best Practice Policy and Benchmarking Behavior for Government Knowledge Management," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. Vol. 3035, 70 - 79, May, 2004. - SCIE, ISSN:0302-9743
- Lee, K., Chang, Y., Choi, H., Kim, H., Park, Y., Park, B., “A Time-bound Framework for Negotiation and Decision Making of Virtual Manufacturing Enterprise,” Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, Vol. 14, no.1, 27-41, 2004. - SCI, ISSN:1054-1721
- Jin, D., Suh, Y., and Lee, K., “Generation of Hypotheses on the Evolution of Agent-Based Business Using Inductive Learning,” Electronic Markets, vol. 13, no. 1, 13-20, 2003.
- Lee, K. and Hong, J., “Development of E-Government Service Model: Business Model Approach,” International Review of Public Administration, vol. 7, no. 2, December, 2002.
- Jin, D. and Lee, K, Impacts and Limitations of Intelligent Agents to Internet Commerce, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 2105, pp. 33–48, 2001.
- Lee, K. J., "Sufficient Search Space for Spatial Expert Systems", Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 19, no.1, pp. 1–8, 2000.
- Lee, K. J., Chang, Y. S., and Lee, J. K., "Time-Bound Negotiation Framework for Electronic Commerce Agents", Decision Support Systems, vol. 28, pp. 319–331, 2000.
- Moon, B. K., Lee, J. K., and Lee, K. J., "A Next Generation Multimedia Call Center on the Internet: IMC", Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, vol. 10, no.4, pp. 227–240, 2000.
- Lee, K. J. and Chang, Y. S., Time-Bounded Negotiation Framework for Multi-Agent Coordination, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1599, pp. 61–75, 1999.
- Lee, K. J., Kim, H. W., Lee, J. K., and Kim, T. H., "Case- and Constraint-Based Project Planning for Apartment Construction", AI Magazine, vol.19, no.1, pp. 13–24, Spring, 1998.
- Lee, J. K., K. J. Lee, H. K. Park, J. S. Hong, J. S. Lee, "Developing Scheduling Systems for Daewoo Shipbuilding: DAS Project", European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 97, no.2, pp. 380–395, 1997.
- Lee, S. K., Lee, J. K. and Lee, K. J., "Customized Purchase Supporting Expert System: UNIK-SES", Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 431–441, 1996.
- Lee, K. J., J. K. Lee, and S. Y. Choi, A Spatial Scheduling System and its Application to Shipbuilding: DAS-CURVE, Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 10, no.3/4, pp. 311–324, 1996.
- Lee, J. K., K. J. Lee, J. S. Hong, W. J. Kim, E. Y. Kim, S. Y. Choi, H. D. Kim, O. R. Yang, H. R. Choi, "DAS: Intelligent Scheduling Systems for Shipbuilding", AI Magazine, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 78–94, Winter, 1995.
Approved or pending:
- Method for providing information of manufactured goods to mobile communication apparatus having RFID module and record readable medium thereof),10-2005-0089455
- Method for E-commerce and recordable readable medium thereof, 10-2005-105188
- Method and system for providing dynamic insurance, 2008-05-15, 10-2008-0045196
- Method for providing SNS service using electronic name card, 2008-05-15, 10-2008-0045197
He has been Area Editor & Editorial Board Member of Electronic Commerce Research & Applications (An SSCI Journal), 2003–2008, and Vice President, Korean Intelligent Information Systems Society, 2004-2008.
- Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence Award, 1995, Montreal, Canada (the paper "DAS: Intelligent Scheduling Systems for Shipbuilding" coauthored with Jae Kyu Lee et al.) awarded from American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence Award, 1997, Providence, Rhode Island, USA (the paper "Case and Constraint-Based Apartment Construction Project Planning System: FASTrak-APT", coauthored with Hyun Woo Kim, Jae Kyu Lee et al.) awarded from American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Best Paper Award, 2008. 2008 Spring Kore Management Information Systems Conference, Seoul, South Korea, June, 2008.
- Special Award in RFID/USN Research Paper Competition, RFID/USN Association, 2008.