|Directed by||Matteo Garrone|
|Music by||Banda Osiris|
|Edited by||Marco Spoletini|
L'imbalsamatore (internationally released as The Embalmer and The Taxidermist) is a 2002 Italian noir - drama film directed by Matteo Garrone. The film was selected for the Quinzaine des Realisateurs in the 2002 Cannes Film Festival. The plot is based on real events. For his performance in the film Ernesto Mahieux won the David di Donatello for Best Supporting Actor. The film was also awarded with a David di Donatello for Best Script and two Nastro d'Argento awards for best editing and best producer.
- Valerio Foglia Manzillo: Valerio
- Ernesto Mahieux: Peppino
- Elisabetta Rocchetti: Deborah
- Lina Bernardi: Deborah's mother
- Fulvia Caprara (25 April 2002). "CANNES cose nuove dal mondo". La Stampa. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Stella Cervasio (2 Sep 2002). "L' imbalsamatore napoletano". La Repubblica. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Stella Cervasio (11 April 2003). "Mahieux, divo a 56 anni". La Repubblica. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Giovanna Grassi (10 April 2003). "David, trionfa Ozpetek Muccino senza premi". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Maria Pia Fusco (13 June 2003). "Nastro d' argento a Salvatores". La Repubblica.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|