Like There Ain't No Yesterday
|"Like There Ain't No Yesterday"|
|Single by Blackhawk|
|from the album Strong Enough|
|Released||November 6, 1995|
|Writer(s)||Walt Aldridge, Mark Narmore|
|Blackhawk singles chronology|
"Like There Ain't No Yesterday" is a song recorded by American country music band Blackhawk. It was released in November 1995 as the second single from their album Strong Enough. It peaked at number 3 on the United States Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks, while it was their second number-one hit in Canada. The song was written by Walt Aldridge and Mark Narmore.
The song's narrator has lost a former lover in the past, but he knows that that was then, and he decides to find someone new, and love her like there ain't no yesterday.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that Paul's voice grabs you and pulls you into this well-written tune "from the a capella opening line." She goes on to say that Robbins and Van Stephenson "add their considerable talents, and the result is one of the best country singles this year."
"Like There Ain't No Yesterday" debuted at number 71 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart for the week of November 11, 1995, and peaked at number 3 on the week of February 17, 1996. It reached number 1 on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada on the week of February 26, 1996.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||30|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||73|
"Bigger Than the Beatles"
by Joe Diffie
|RPM Country Tracks
February 26, 1996
"Tell Me Something I Don't Know"
by Charlie Major
- Billboard, November 11, 1995
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2896." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. February 26, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Blackhawk Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Blackhawk.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1996". RPM. December 16, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Best of 1996: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.