List of medical schools in Ireland
There are seve medical schools in Ireland from which students can obtain a medical degree, including six schools in the Republic of Ireland and one school in Northern Ireland. Medical schools in the Republic of Ireland are accredited by the Medical Council, while Northern Ireland is regulated by the General Medical Council. All schools except University of Limerick Medical School offer undergraduate courses in medicine.
Republic of Ireland
|National University of Ireland, Galway School of Medicine||Galway||1845||Medicine was one of the original founding Faculties of the University.||MB BCh BAO|||
|Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland School of Medicine||Dublin||1784||RCSI is the only independent, not-for-profit medical school in Ireland. Medical qualifications are awarded jointly by the National University of Ireland, the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, and by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, which has independent degree awarding status.||MB BCh BAO LRCP&SI|||
|Trinity College, Dublin School of Medicine||Dublin||1711||Medicine was taught at Trinity College Dublin in some form since at least the early 1600s, but it was not until 1711 that the School of Medicine was officially founded.||BA MB BCh BAO|||
|University College Cork School of Medicine||Cork||1849||The first intake to the medical school was 20 students. At the time, the primary medical degree was an MD.||MB BCh BAO|||
|University College Dublin School of Medicine and Medical Science||Dublin||1854||The Medical School was originally part of the Catholic University, based in Dublin City Centre.||MB BCh BAO|||
|University of Limerick Graduate Entry Medical School||Limerick||2007||University of Limerick is the only medical school in Ireland based on Problem-Based Learning. It does not offer medical degrees to undergraduates.||BM BS|||
|Queen's University Belfast School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences||Belfast||1821||Only United Kingdom medical school to award graduates Bachelor of Obstetrics (BAO) degree.||MB BCh BAO|||
- "About RCSI - Royal College Surgeons in Ireland". rcsi.ie. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "History of the School - About Us - School of Medicine : Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin, Ireland". medicine.tcd.ie. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "About Us - University College Cork (UCC)". ucc.ie. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "UCD 150 Year Celebration". ucd.ie. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Doctors graduate from University of Limerick’s Medical School - Limerick Leader". limerickleader.ie. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Queen's University Belfast > About Us". Queen's University Belfast. Retrieved 2007-08-20.