Massachusetts Avenue (MBTA Orange Line station)
Station headhouse entrance from Massachusetts Avenue
|Address||380 Massachusetts Avenue
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||May 4, 1987|
|Owned by||Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority|
|Passengers (2010)||5,248 (weekday average)|
Massachusetts Avenue is a MBTA subway station on the Orange Line, located at 380 Massachusetts Avenue in Boston, Massachusetts. The station opened in 1987 as part of the renovation and relocation of the southern Orange Line. The Orange line runs parallel to the Northeast Corridor, which carries Amtrak trains and several MBTA commuter rail lines. Connections to the commuter rail are available at Ruggles and Back Bay stations, both one stop away from Massachusetts Avenue. The subway station, coincidentally, has a Subway restaurant inside it.
- Symphony Hall is two blocks to the northwest on Huntington Avenue. (Symphony station on the Green Line "E" Branch is closer, but is not wheelchair accessible; also, Massachusetts Avenue may be more convenient for Orange Line riders.)
- Jordan Hall of the New England Conservatory, also on Huntington Avenue.
- Northeastern University
- Matthews Arena
- 1 Harvard/Holyoke Gate - Dudley Station via Mass Ave & Boston Medical Center
- CT1 Central Square - B.U. Medical Center via M.I.T.
|Southbound||← Orange Line toward Forest Hills (Ruggles)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Orange Line toward Oak Grove (Back Bay) →|
Like all stations on the Orange Line, this station is wheelchair accessible, unless its single elevator is out of service.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Massachusetts Avenue (MBTA Orange Line station).|
- The MBTA's official page for this station
- Massachusetts Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Gainsborough Street exit from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Massachusetts train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|