Matthew Kennedy (footballer)
|Full name||Matthew Kennedy|
|Date of birth||1 November 1994|
|Place of birth||Irvine, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 August 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Matthew Kennedy (born 1 November 1994 in Scotland) is a Scottish footballer playing as a winger for Premier League club Everton. Kennedy previously played for Kilmarnock. He has represented Scotland at youth international levels.
A member of Kilmarnock's under 19-squad, Kennedy was promoted to the first team on 29 December 2010 as a named substitute for their match against Inverness. He made seven further appearances on the bench that season. On 19 November 2011, aged 17, Kennedy made his first team debut as a substitute in a 1–1 draw against Hibernian at Easter Road. Kennedy was supposed to start his first game for Kilmarnock against Dunfermline 2 weeks later but the game was called off due to heavy fog in the area. He did though make his first start against St Mirren.
On 31 August 2012, the final day of the summer transfer window, Kennedy signed for English Premier League side Everton for a "nominal fee". He was assigned the number 31 shirt. Matthew Kennedy was called up to the senior squad as an unused substitute for the game against Reading on 18 November 2012.
Kennedy has represented Scotland at U15, U16, U17 and U19 level. He was selected by Scotland U21 interim coach Ricky Sbragia, to play Portugal U21 at Estádio do Bonfim, Setúbal on 14 November 2012.
|Club||Season||League||Scottish Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- "Barclays Premier League Squad Numbers 2013/14". Premier League. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Under 19 Squad 2011/2012". Kilmarnock F.C. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Inverness CT 1 – 3 Kilmarnock". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 29 December 2010. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Hibernian 1 – 1 Kilmarnock". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 19 November 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Everton: Matthew Kennedy secured from Kilmarnock". BBC Sport. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Matthew Kennedy SFA Profile". Scottish Football Association. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Matthew Kennedy Soccerway Stats". Soccerway. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Matthew Kennedy Soccerbase Stats". Soccerbase. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- Matthew Kennedy on Twitter
- Matthew Kennedy – UEFA competition record
- Matthew Kennedy profile at EvertonFC.com