Mike Harrison (footballer born 1952)
|Full name||Michael Harrison|
|Date of birth||21 February 1952|
|Place of birth||Leicester, England|
|Playing position||Centre half|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Michael "Mike" Harrison (born 21 February 1952) is an English former professional footballer who made 19 appearances in the Football League playing for Birmingham City and Southend United. He played as a centre half.
Harrison was born in Leicester, Leicestershire. When he left school in 1968 he joined Birmingham City as an apprentice, turning professional two years later. He captained Birmingham's youth team, and made his debut as an 18-year-old, deputising for Dave Robinson in a 4–1 win at Leicester City on 16 January 1971. He kept his place for the next game in the absence of Roger Hynd, and played once more the following season in place of Stan Harland. In the 1972 close season Harrison joined Southend United, where he spent one season and played 18 games in all competitions.
His next club was Yeovil Town of the Southern League. In the 1974–75 season, his second with the club, Harrison was named Player of the Year. The following season, under player-manager Stan Harland whom Harrison had understudied at Birmingham, the club achieved a "runners-up double" in the Southern League and the Southern League Cup, success which prompted invitation into the 1976–77 Anglo-Italian Semiprofessional Tournament, to play against Italian Serie C teams. Harrison was again named Player of the Season. In all competitions, he made 304 appearances for Yeovil Town over a six-year career.
- "Mike Harrison". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- Matthews, Tony (1995). Birmingham City: A Complete Record. Derby: Breedon Books. p. 94. ISBN 978-1-85983-010-9.
- Matthews, p. 225.
- "Mike Harrison". Southend United Database. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "Season 1974–75: Cec Irwin's Contract Not Renewed". Ciderspace. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "Season 1975–76". Ciderspace. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "yeovil in europe - the anglo-italian competition 1977". YTFC.com. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "All Time Top Appearances". Ciderspace. Retrieved 27 March 2009.