Nikita (season 3)
|Nikita Season 3|
Region 1 DVD cover art
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original channel||The CW|
|Original run||October 19, 2012– May 17, 2013|
|Home video release|
|Region 1||October 22, 2013|
|Blu-ray Disc release|
|Region A||October 22, 2013|
|List of Nikita episodes|
The third season of Nikita, an American drama/espionage television series based on the French film Nikita (1990), the remake Point of No Return (1993), and a previous series La Femme Nikita (1997), was announced in May 2012 and premiered on October 19, 2012.
Cast and characters
- Maggie Q as Nikita Mears
- Shane West as Michael
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Alexandra "Alex" Udinov
- Aaron Stanford as Seymour Birkhoff
- Noah Bean as Ryan Fletcher
- Dillon Casey as Sean Pierce
- Devon Sawa as Owen Elliot
- Melinda Clarke as Helen "Amanda" Collins
- Lyndie Greenwood as Sonya
- Peter Outerbridge as Ari Tasarov
- Michelle Nolden as President Kathleen Spencer
- David S. Lee as Phillip Jones
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|46||1||"3.0"||Eagle Egilsson||Craig Silverstein||October 19, 2012||3X7351||0.95|
|Division, now under the leadership of Ryan Fletcher (Noah Bean), is tasked by the government to track down rogue agents, nicknamed the "Dirty Thirty", who refused the recall order following Percy's death. Their first target is Martin (Jeffery Pierce), who is using his services to the Ministry of State Security (MSS) to eliminate undercover CIA operatives in Hong Kong. Michael (Shane West) and Nikita (Maggie Q) are sent there to bring him in. They find that Martin is having an affair with a model during his cover as a photographer. When Martin notices the couple nearby, he kills her and warns local police, where Michael is later arrested for her murder. Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) arrives to assist Nikita while Sean Pierce (Dillon Casey) works to release Michael from custody. However, after Nikita saves Martin's next target, Martin has the MSS retrieve Michael, while also revealing to Nikita that Amanda made contact with him, tricking him and other rogue agents after the recall order that they would die once they turn themselves in. As Michael is being transferred, Martin aims a sniper rifle at him, only to be shot dead by Alex. After the mission, Michael proposes to Nikita.|
|47||2||"Innocence"||John Badham||Mary Trahan||October 26, 2012||3X7353||0.81|
|Wade (Chance Kelly) is Division's next target after he has stolen RDX. Wade used to train Division recruits before beating one to death for failing to kill a target, and was replaced by Michael. After finding his hideout they find a young girl, Liza Abbot (Annalise Basso), who Wade kidnapped and trained into a child soldier. Nikita tries to get to her, but Liza manages to escape Division when Wade attempts to attack it. It is later revealed Wade is going to complete the failed mission, to kill Saeed Tamir (Saad Siddiqui), who is now an ambassador of Pakistan. Nikita realizes that Liza kept an Indian girl necklace with her, so she has Alex take a similar neckalce from Liza's mother. Nikita finds Liza and, using the necklaces, manages to get through to her, and she abandons the mission, while Michael finds and kills Wade. Alex and Nikita later reunite Liza to her parents.|
|48||3||"True Believer"||Danny Cannon||Carlos Coto||November 2, 2012||3X7352||1.14|
|Ryan allows one of the rogue agents, Mia (Scottie Thompson), to continue her undercover mission to infiltrate Third Wave, a domestic terrorist group who stand against the "tyranny" of the first world. After Mia is arrested from an FBI raid, Alex and Nikita break her out of prison. However, Mia turns on them and wounds Alex, revealing that she lost faith in Division and joined Third Wave's cause. Division later finds Third Wave's compound and raid it. Mia awaits and straps herself with a bomb to allow the leader, Joshua (David Meunier), to escape before overpowering Nikita. Despite this Nikita still believes Mia can be saved. Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) finds several foreign bank accounts affiliated with Joshua, and was paid to attack a United States senator. Nikita stops Mia, who reveals another terrorist is carrying the bomb. Nikita convinces her that Joshua is corrupt like Percy was and they work together to stop the would-be suicide bomber, but Mia is killed by Herek's guards in the process. Meanwhile, Michael and Sean take down Joshua and his private security guard partner (Sterling K. Brown).|
|49||4||"Consequences"||Nick Copus||Kristen Reidel||November 9, 2012||3X7354||0.86|
|Anne (Sarah Allen), a former Division cleaner who is working with Amanda (Melinda Clarke), breaks Owen (Devon Sawa) out of a Russian prison regarding "Operation Skeleton Key". Owen escapes and contacts Nikita, and he tells Division that Skeleton Key is a cryptograph that allows users to hack into anything. As Owen is the only remaining person to know its location, he sends Michael and Nikita to recover it from a cemetary, but they are ambushed by Anne and ex-Gogol agents, who steal the cryptograph. One of the wounded mercenaries is brought back to Division, where doctors unwittngly unleash a vial of sarin from his lungs. Amanda later uses the cryptograph to release a video warning Division. Sonya (Lyndie Greenwood) tracks Amanda to a hideout in Luxembourg with Ari Tasarov (Peter Outerbridge). A team is sent to retrieve the cryptograph, while Owen confronts Amanda to tell her who he was before Division (Owen admits he cannot recall any of his past life; Amanda had erased his memories). Amanda admits to Ari that getting Owen was the mission the entire time. However the mission is abandoned when Nikita finds Owen, allowing Amanda, Anne and Ari to escape. Meanwhile, Sean admits to Alex that he loves her, but does not wish to have a relationship if she remains in Division. Alex is revealed to have turned to drugs again. Birkhoff realizes that Amanda has a mole inside Division.|
|50||5||"The Sword's Edge"||Kenneth Fink||Albert Kim||November 30, 2012||3X7355||1.20|
|For six years, a rogue Division agent has gone undercover as Alexi Markov (Jonathan Goad) and is now the President of Uzbekistan. Division is able to capture him, but he reveals that should anything happen to him, his people would release a video to the media to expose Division. Ryan releases him after he reveals to Nikita that should Division be exposed, President Kathleen Spencer (Michelle Nolden) will order the termination of every agent. However, Birkhoff finds another video in Markov's harddrive revealing he will assassinate the President. The team decides to save the President's life in the White House without her knowing; Michael is able to pose as Markov while Nikita captures the real one, before Michael fakes his death, while Birkhoff uses a computer worm to erase Markov's videos. Meanwhile, Alex uncovers a murder plot against Owen. She learns that one of the agents, Carl (Damon Runyan) wants him dead for killing his lover years before.|
|51||6||"Sideswipe"||Joshua Butler||Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett||December 7, 2012||3X7356||1.19|
|Nikita and Michael capture arms dealer Cyrus (Isaiah Mustafa), who was planning to purchase a weapon-jamming device called "Sideswipe" from an Egyptian general in St. Lucia. He offers to help get to his buyer, Ari Tasarov, but during the purchase, Cyrus apparently double crosses them and escapes. However, Nikita finds clues that the sale with Ari will happen in Romania. Cyrus is betrayed by Amanda, who captures him. Michael and Nikita track him to an abandoned church in Andalusia, Spain. They find him with a bomb strapped to him, while Amanda wants to help Nikita "learn". Nikita realizes that Amanda wants her to suffer, not die, so she stands next to Cyrus, forcing Amanda to deactivate the bomb. Meanwhile, Cyrus was forced to admit to Amanda about Romania, so Ari has mercenaries attack Alex and her team, only to be defeated by Sean, who destroys Sideswipe. Ryan decides to reinstate Cyrus. Birkhoff learns that Sonya is the mole, and upon confronting her learns she is working under duress, having had a kill chip installed, and there is a second mole following her.|
|52||7||"Intersection"||Dwight Little||Michael Brandon Guercio||January 18, 2013||3X7357||1.27|
|After Birkhoff tells Nikita about Sonya's predicament, the team work to uncover the second mole watching Sonya. Michael learns of Alex's relapse to drugs, and urgers her to tell Nikita and get clean. She is forced to admit to Nikita after the rest of the team see pictures of them together. They are being followed by the Watchman (Harry Judge), a rogue agent who specializes in surveillance. The team lures the Watchman, where Nikita manages to follow and capture him, after Division traces his messages to Amanda to Quebec City. As Michael and Nikita wait to attack Amanda, Alex discovers the second mole is agent Baker (Christopher Jacot) and subdues him as Birkhoff deactivates Sonya's kill chip. Michael and Nikita chase Amanda and Anne, resulting in an accident where Michael's right hand is caught under the car. After Nikita kills Anne, she cuts off Michael's hand before their car explodes. Amanda escapes.|
|53||8||"Aftermath"||Brad Turner||Carlos Coto||January 25, 2013||3X7358||1.53|
|After three weeks, Michael is recovering from his injury and given a prosthetic hand, though he still has to get used to it, and is having trouble adapting with it for field work. Nikita and Owen team up to take down rogue Division cleaner Liam (Pedro Pascal). Liam has branched out to drug cartel leader Guillermo Garza (Julio Oscar Mechoso) and is helping his men who are surrounded by Mexican police. Liam instead kills the men to get to the laptop, but has to escape without it and blows up the building once Nikita and Owen arrive. Division learns of the laptop, containing Garza's fortune, whic is being held at a federal building in Houston, Texas. Liam turns on Garza to get the laptop for himself, but is killed by Owen before he can. Michael and Nikita's relationship becomes strained as he watches her work with Owen. Alex works to detox herself.|
|54||9||"Survival Instincts"||John Showalter||Albert Kim||February 1, 2013||3X7359||1.23|
|Division's next target is Ray (Matt Bushell) after they find he is selling intelligence for weapons. After he kidnaps Kate Barrett (Anna Hopkins), his ex-wife, Nikita and Owen pose as federal agents to help the local police, which includes Kate's new boyfriend. When they find he Ray is holding Kate somewhere in Allegheny National Forest, Sean arrives to help, though Alex is dismayed to learn she cannot return to the field yet. Ray learns Division is onto him and after exposing them to the police, Ray systematically kills Division agents. Nikita finds Ray's hideout, rescues Kate and kills Ray. She also convinces Kate not to reveal Ray kidnapped her, to keep Division secret. Alex and Sean reconcile. Michael decides not to return to work field missions again, and begins to value Owen as Nikita's partner in the field. Birkhoff later approaches Nikita to tell her there might be a way for Michael to get his hand back.|
|55||10||"Brave New World"||Marc David Alpert||Kristen Reidel||February 8, 2013||3X7360||1.34|
|Birkhoff tells Nikita about Heidecker (John Billingsley), who helped develop kill chips and other technologies for Division. Recently, Heidecker pays monthly visits to Kosovo to check on Deputy Prime Minister Kosta Beciraj (Adam Croasdell). Beciraj lost a leg following a failed assassination attempt by the CIA, but it had since been "regrown" with real flesh and blood over carbon-fiber bone. Nikita goes on a secret mission to retrieve Heidecker alone, until Alex and Michael discover this. After Nikita is captured by Kosovo Security Forces, Alex and Michael go after her. After they rescue her, Alex assassinates Beciraj and blames it on a security guard. They escape with Heidecker, but after the team learns that Heidecker is using children as lab rats for his experiments, Nikita kills him when he turns on them. The White House is revealed to be impressed with Division's assassination of Beciraj and decides to hand Division new secret assignments, much to Nikita's chagrin, as she does not want Division to return performing kill missions as in under Percy's leadership.|
|56||11||"Black Badge"||David Grossman||Mary Trahan||February 22, 2013||3X7361||1.24|
|A CIA agent named Naomi Ceaver (Amanda Schull) comes across a file detailing Madeline Pierce’s involvement with Division and turns it over to the Director of the CIA, Morgan Kendrick. When Kendrick is killed shortly thereafter, Amanda frames Sean for the assassination and the CIA takes him into custody. Nikita promises Alex they will free Sean and comes up with a plan that could either save him or cost him his life.|
|57||12||"With Fire"||Eagle Egilsson||Carlos Coto||March 1, 2013||3X7362||1.01|
|Ari Tasarov turns himself into Division, revealing to having split off from Amanda after she incidentally got international authorities after him. He demands $50 million in exchange for the identity of an anarchist group Amanda has recruited to commit indiscriminate terrorism. It is a race against the clock as Nikita is torn between beating an answer out of Ari or give into his demand.|
|58||13||"Reunion"||Jon Cassar||Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett||March 8, 2013||3X7363||1.37|
|Nikita and Amanda are captured by Stefan's bodyguard and are forced to work together to escape. Meanwhile, Owen becomes furious with Michael, after Michael assigns Alex to be Nikita's backup instead of him.|
|59||14||"The Life We've Chosen"||Brad Turner||Albert Kim||March 15, 2013||3X7364||1.21|
|Amanda offers to release Alex in exchange for Ari; Alex befriends another prisoner and promises to help her escape.|
|60||15||"Inevitability"||Mark C. Baldwin||Kristen Reidel||March 29, 2013||3X7365||1.22|
|Nikita orders that the president of Chad be killed when he visits Paris, but Alex disagrees and refuses to participate in the plan. Meanwhile, Alex and Birkhoff discover a secret that could literally blow Division apart.|
|61||16||"Tipping Point"||Dwight Little||Oliver Grigsby||April 5, 2013||3X7366||1.23|
|Nikita and Michael learn about a new prosthetic hand that could help Michael return to his old self, but it comes at a steep price. Meanwhile, Alex and Sean try to discover who within Division was behind a bloody mutiny.|
|62||17||"Masks"||Chris Peppe||Kamran Pasha||April 12, 2013||3X7367||1.15|
|With Division becoming increasingly unstable because of Ryan's shooting, Amanda restores Owen's real identity: Sam Matthews, a sociopathic Delta Force soldier, who captures Nikita and delivers her to Amanda. She reveals to Nikita that that she not only tampered with Owen's memory, but Alex's as well, resulting in a hostile takeover of Division, capturing Michael, Birkhoff, Sean and Sonya in the process.|
|63||18||"Broken Home"||John Badham||Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett||April 19, 2013||3X7368||0.97|
|Amanda puts Nikita into a psychotropic trance and reveals that as a child, Amanda's father, Matthew (Christopher Heyerdahl), ran experiments to prevent PTSD on her for years while her twin sister looked on. Amanda eventually kills her father and sister. Chris orders Birkhoff to shut down ShadowNet, but is shot by Birkhoff when he tries to kill Birkhoff to prevent Division from turning it back on. Birkhoff halts the funds transfer to the rest of the Division mutineers. Sean is injured during a crossfire and dies from internal bleeding while in Alex's arms.|
|64||19||"Self-Destruct"||Nick Copus||Kristen Reidel||April 26, 2013||3X7369||0.95|
|Alex goes on a rampage, destroying everything and everyone in her path, and it's up to Nikita and Michael to stop her.|
|65||20||"High-Value Target"||Dan Sackheim||Michael Brandon Guercio||May 3, 2013||3X7370||1.03|
|Nikita, Michael and Alex go on a mission to retrieve a black box containing all of Amanda's secrets.|
|66||21||"Invisible Hand"||Dwight Little||Carlos Coto||May 10, 2013||3X7371||1.01|
|Amanda reveals to Nikita that Michael's prosthetic hand is laced with nano-cells that will explode when triggered. Amanda offers her an antidote only if Nikita assassinates the President. Alex is offered a job to be a UN special envoy on human trafficking by Miriam Hasan (Raven Dauda).|
|67||22||"Til Death Do Us Part"||Eagle Egilsson||Albert Kim||May 17, 2013||3X7372||1.00|
|Nikita is forced by Amanda to choose between saving her own life and saving Michael's. Division's HQ is finally destroyed for good.|
The series was renewed for a third season on May 11, 2012, which premiered on October 19, 2012. The show is filmed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Actor Isaiah Mustafa guest starred during the season as Cyrus, a former Division agent.
- Seidman, Robert (May 11, 2012). "Updated: 'Nikita' Renewed for a 3rd Season; 'Hart of Dixie' for a Second". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Lambert, David (July 10, 2013). "Nikita - Date, Cost, Extras, Packaging for 'The Complete 3rd Season' on DVD, Blu-ray". TV Shows on DVD. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- Webb Mitovich, Matt (June 28, 2012). "Fall TV: The CW Sets Premiere Dates, Delaying Launches Until October". TV Line. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 22, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Grimm' & Baseball Adjusted Up; 'Primetime: What Would You Do' Adjusted Down, No Adjustment for Nikita". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 22, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (October 29, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Grimm', 'CSI: NY' & 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Up, 'Dateline' & 'All Access Nashville' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (November 5, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' and 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'Fringe' and 'Nikita' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'Undercover Boss' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 3, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustments for 'Nikita', 'Undercover Boss', 'Last Man Standing' or 'Malibu Country'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (December 10, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'CSI: NY' Adjusted Up; '20/20' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (January 22, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Fringe' Finale and 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 28, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Kitchen Nightmares' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Nikita'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 4, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 11, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing', 'Dateline', 'Shark Tank' & 'Rock Center' Adjusted Down + Final 'Touch' Premiere Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 25, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Nikita', 'Touch' or 'CSI:NY'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 4, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Dateline' Adjusted Up; 'Last Man Standing' and '20/20' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 11, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Kitchen Nightmares' & 'Nikita' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Grimm'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 18, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'Nikita', 'Cult', 'Fashion Star', 'Blue Bloods' & 'Rock Center' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 1, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Grimm' & 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Cult' & 'Fashion Star' Adjusted Down & Final Basketball Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 8, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Undercover Boss' & 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Grimm', 'Nikita' or 'Vegas'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 15, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Happy Endings', 'Undercover Boss' & '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Nikita' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 22, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: Final Ratings for 'Nikita', 'Rock Center' and '20/20'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 29, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Happy Endings', 'Shark Tank' & 'Undercover Boss' Adjusted Up; 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 6, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Nikita' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Happy Endings', 'Vegas' or 'Touch'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 13, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Kitchen Nightmares' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Nikita', 'Vegas' or 'Touch'". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (May 20, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank', 'Dateline' & '48 Hours' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Nikita'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- "In Production". Ontario Media Development Corporation. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- Nguyen, Hanh (September 14, 2012). "Exclusive: Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa to Charm Nikita". TV Guide. Retrieved September 14, 2012.