Old School Revival
The Old School Revival, also known as the Old School Renaissance, and sometimes Old School Rules or even Old School Retro-clones and generally simply as the OSR is a movement among players of tabletop role-playing games and Dungeons & Dragons in specific that takes its inspiration from the very earliest editions of D&D.
The OSR was made possible by the OGL and the relaxed issues with copyright that it allowed. Either Castles & Crusades, or the Old School Index and Resource Compilation (better known as OSRIC), is considered to be the earliest OSR games and it includes most Dungeons & Dragons retro-clones. Other games considered part of the OSR include Monsters and Magic, Lamentations of the Flame Princess and, sometimes Dungeon World.
- Geek Preacher
- Geek Native: The Debate - What is the OSR
- Full Circle - A History of the Old School Revival - The Escapist, 20 August 2009
- ENWorld Hot Games tracker, 18 December 2013
- Old School Dungeons & Dragons: Wizards of the Coast’s Problem Child - BoingBoing - O6 May 2013]
- Roll Perception Plus Awareness - Monsters and Magic and the Old School Renaissance - SF Signal 17th June 2013
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This role-playing game related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|