iOS: 7.0.0 21 October 2014 ;
|Operating system||iOS, Android|
|Type||Social networking service|
Palringo Group Messenger is a community orientated messaging and gaming app for iOS and Android.  The platform allows users to form and join large groups based on common interests, send instant messages and drop images and voice recordings into conversations. Launched in 2006, Palringo has 28 million installed users worldwide and offers a range of games along with more than 350,000 groups, some of which have up to 2,000 members. Headquartered in London, Palringo has offices in Newcastle, Ipswich and Gothenburg.
|This section requires expansion with: more detailed description of this software's features. (August 2014)|
Palringo was founded in Newcastle in 2006 by 21-year-old engineering student, Martin Rosinski, who developed it as a communications tool for his father's engineering company to help engineers resolve problems in the field. When problems were detected it enabled affected parties to communicate with each other. In August 2006, Northstar Ventures got involved and a seed of £650,000 was raised to help build a user base.
In August 2012, Palringo began a shift away from the B2B market towards the consumer community, where users were building groups around particular interests, with a specific focus on games. The business model is based around selling virtual products such as rich media sticker packs, Bots and functional utilities.
In May 2014, Palringo acquired Swedish games developer Free Lunch Design (FLD), who previously worked with Disney, Paramount and Marvel, with a view to integrating Palringo's instant messaging technology into community-orientated games. In September 2014, the company reiterated its strategy on combining games and instant messaging by focusing on adding gaming capabilities on top of an already existing messaging platform.
In 2013, the company launched a charitable initiative aimed at their users in the Gulf region during the month of Ramadan, which enabled users to donate Palringo credits through a special charity Bot. They raised over US $230,000 for Charity Right and Islamic Relief. In 2014, they ran the campaign again but this time opened it up their entire user base by adding Child's Play, a charity aimed at providing video game entertainment to sick children in hospital. The company plans to make charitable giving a regular part of the Palringo experience.
- Gibson, Robert (2 May 2014). "Hundreds turn out to celebrate the IT sector at Dynamo 14". The Journal. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- d'Arc Taylor, Stephanie (12 August 2014). "Here's how group messaging app Palringo raised $230,000 for Syria and Gaza this Ramadan". Wamda. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Munford, Monty (21 September 2014). "Move over London and Berlin, hello Newcastle, Gothenburg and Ipswich". The Telegraph. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Munford, Monty (12 September 2014). "Palringo Takes Games and Messaging to the Next Level". Huffington Post. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Journal, The (13 October 2011). "Tapping into the growing interest in group messaging". The Journal. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Smartlogic picks Palringo's Enterprise IM platform". telecompaper. telecompaper. 14 December 2010. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "The Journal". Newspaper. 2 June 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Green, Tim (7 May 2014). "The Big ME Interview: Tim Rea, of Palringo, on becoming 'the world's leading game publisher'". Mobile Entertainment. Mobile Entertainment. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Arnroth, Thomas (5 May 2014). "Svensk spelstudio i brittiskt uppköp". IDG. IDG. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Keighley, Tom (30 April 2014). "Cramlington instant messaging creators acquire Swedish game developers". Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Sahoo, Sananda (12 September 2013). "Palringo: connecting with a cause". The National. Retrieved 24 October 2014.