Papat Limpad 2012
Papat Limpad 2012 (English: Fantastic four) is a Javanese Language Wikipedia Revitalization Project conducted in the year 2012-2013. Papat Limpad 2012 is a follow-up project to revitalize Javanese Wikipedia. Learning from best practice and lessons learned in a previous project called Papat Limpad, Wikimedia Indonesia designed a combined systematic effort to do outreach with writing classes and writing drives in the form of competition in Javanese-language Wikipedia. The project expands to three cities and approaches six universities to join the competition. The writing classes are expected to net a group of much more experienced and smarter new editors to compete against each other, and will benefit Javanese-language Wikipedia by increasing the number of new editors and the number of high-quality Javanese-language encyclopedia articles. The intervention is aimed at increasing the number of Javanese Wikipedia contributors up to a critical mass where the community could sustain itself and grow. Wikimedia Indonesia believes critical mass is reached when it is sustained at a minimum of 20 very active contributors without competition. So the success of the project can only be seen after the event. In 2011 a similar project was done using one university intervention. As a result, the Javanese Wikipedia readership climbed to 2.5 million readers in October 2011, and dropped back to 1.6 million in April 2012, a level similar to that of the situation before intervention happened. Compared to Indonesian Wikipedia, where each intervention increased the readership (by/to?) 10 million and the number had the tendency to stay, until the next intervention, in a small-language Wikipedia such as Javanese Wikipedia, the readership rate dropped the minute the number of contributors dropped.
Therefore Wikimedia Indonesia prioritized Javanese Wikipedia intervention and put most of its resources to do this one program, making sure it is up and running. Wikimedia Indonesia figures that a minimum of three interventions in three years will do the trick, before helping Wikipedia versions in other languages of Indonesia. This project is co-funded by Wikimedia Indonesia, and Wikimédia France and Switzerland Wikimedia.
- (Indonesian) Republika online:Wikimedia gandeng enam kampus
- (Indonesian) Republika nline:37 artikel bahasa Jawa mengisi Wikipedia
- (Indonesian) Antara news:Wikipedia meski disunting bebas tetap ada filter
- (Indonesian) Suara Merdeka:Wikimedia Gandeng PT menulis Bahasa Jawa
- (Indonesian) Beritasatu.com:Wikimedia gandeng universitas garap artikel Jawa
- (Indonesian) Situs web resmi IKIP PGRI Semarang:IKIP PGRI dan 5 PT menulis bahasa Jawa untuk Wikimedia
- (Indonesian) Balai Bahasa Jawa Tengah:Peluncuran Kompetisi Menulis Wikipedia Berbahasa Jawa "Papat Limpad 2012" pada 7 Mei 2012 (diaksès 20 Mei 2012).
- (Indonesian) Kompasiana:Kompetisi Menulis Wikipedia Bahasa Jawa, Papat Limpad 2012 (diaksès 20 Mei 2012).
- (Indonesian) FBS UNY:Melestarikan Bahasa Jawa Melalui Wikipedia (diaksès 20 Mei 2012).
- (Indonesian) Ditjen Pendis Kemenag: Kompetisi Papat Limpad Diluncurkan (diaksès 20 Mei 2012).
- Komhukum:Christian Soegiono Dukung Papat Limpad Wikipedia Bahasa Jawa (diaksès 20 Mei 2012).