St. Louis Port Authority
The St. Louis Port Authority is responsible for managing the facilities that make St. Louis, Missouri, the United States third-busiest inland port. St. Louis is the northernmost port on the Mississippi River that is free of canal locks and is ice-free year-round.
- "Port of Metropolitan St. Louis". City of St. Louis. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- "City of St. Louis Port Authority". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- Brett Blume (2012-05-24). "New Rescue Boats To Patrol St. Louis Riverfront". CBS News. Archived from the original on 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2013-09-30. "St. Louis fire officials say they’ll be more prepared thanever to make timely rescues on the Mississippi River once two new boats arrive."
- "St. Louis Fire Department names newest marine unit “The Stan Musial”". Fox News. 2013-09-29. Archived from the original on 2013-09-30. "The St. Louis Fire Department bought the boat, because of the growth of the St. Louis inland ports, which is now the third largest port in the United States."
- Bob Hamilton (2013-09-29). "St. Louis Fire Department Getting New Boat". CBS News. Archived from the original on 2013-09-30. Retrieved 2013-09-30. "It can pump up to 7,000 gallons of water or fire-suppressing foam per minute and can fight fires even while it’s moving."