SCENE Music Festival
The SCENE Music Festival is a one-day music festival held in downtown St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. The event has been held annually in late June/early July since 1996. The acronym "SCENE" stands for St. Catharines Event for New Music Entertainment.
The first festival in 1996 drew about 800 people. The event in 2003, seven years later, was attended by around 2,500 and featured 85 bands, headlined by The Trews. The 2005 event received corporate sponsorship from Solo Mobile, which also sponsored the 2006 festival. MTV Canada was the presenting sponsor for 2007.
The festival features mostly alternative music and has hosted such groups such as Sydney, Alexisonfire, A Northern Chorus, Billy Talent, Boys Night Out, Cauterize, City and Colour, Ligeia, Crush Luther, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Johnny Truant, Lights, Magneta Lane, Raising the Fawn, The Trews, and The Black Lungs. The first 2000 people to enter the festival receive a compilation CD free of charge featuring songs by bands performing in the festival in a given year.
- Fulghum, Sherrill (2004-06-15). "SCENE 2004 Music Festival". Soul Shine Magazine. Retrieved 2007-03-28.
- Arndt, Jaclyn (2005-06-03). "SCENE Festival Announces Lineup". Soul Shine Magazine. Retrieved 2007-03-28.
- Henderson, Devin (2006-07-13). "Show Review: S.C.E.N.E. Festival - St. Catharines, ON". Driven Far Off. Retrieved 2007-03-28.
- "Solo Mobile S.C.E.N.E. Fest 2007". SCENE Music Festival. 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-28.
- "REVIEW: S.C.E.N.E. Music Festival 2010 - June 27, 2010". Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- S.C.E.N.E Music Festival Official Site
- Photography By Dani S.C.E.N.E. 2007 Photos
- S.C.E.N.E. Photos (2007)