|Saktigarh Vidyapith (H.S)
শক্তিগড় বিদ্যাপীঠ (উচ্চ বিদ্যালয়)
Siliguri, West Bengal, India
|School type||Government Boys & Girls school|
|Headmaster||Shree Goutam Kali|
|Colour(s)||Blue and Navi Blue|
|Affiliations||West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education|
Saktigarh Vidyapith (H.S), Saktigarh (Bengali: শক্তিগড় বিদ্যাপীঠ (উচ্চ বিদ্যালয়))is one of the first schools of Saktigarh, in the sub-Himalayan part of West Bengal, India.The school was established in 1953. The original and most popular name of the school was Saktigarh School.
The school was started at a site not far from the present location. However, to accommodate the increasing number of students, a permanent building was built. The school was established in 1953 as a Primary School. Science, Commerce and Humanities could be studied.
The school has the following buildings:
- The north wing is a stretch of about five large classrooms and two small rooms.
- The southward double-storeyed main building, along with the annexe built almost 30 years ago, houses the office of the headmaster, the laboratories, and several classrooms.
- The teachers' block lies south of the new block and houses the library besides the teachers' room where the teachers can be found during recess.
- Inside the campus is a playing field, Beside two Govmt. Primary School & Saktigarh Balika Biydalaya and also Big Play Ground.
These include creative arts and sport.
Besides the annual sports events, the school has a team that participates in the District level championships.
- The Saraswati Puja is an annual ceremony.
- An autumn-cultural ceremony, including intra-institution award distribution.
- In January there is a prizegiving ceremony for students, and cultural events organized by the alumni association.
The school is a higher secondary school, from class 1 to 12. The curriculum is as per "West Bengal Board of Secondary Education" (till class 10) and "West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education" (Class 11 and 12). The common curriculum is followed till class 10. In class 11 and 12, there are 3 streams: Science, Commerce and Arts.
Subjects offered: Grade I to V
- Physical Education
Subjects offered: Grade VI to X
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Computer science
- Physical Education
- Work Education including arts
Subjects offered:Grades XI – XII
- Computer Science
- Business mathematics
- Economic Geography
||This school-related article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2008)|