|Studio album by Bob Dylan|
|Released||June 23, 1980|
|Recorded||February 11–15, 1980|
|Producer||Barry Beckett and Jerry Wexler|
|Bob Dylan chronology|
Saved was the second album of Dylan's "Christian trilogy", following his conversion to born-again Christianity. It expanded on themes explored on its predecessor Slow Train Coming, with gospel arrangements and lyrics extolling the importance of a strong personal faith.
|Robert Christgau||C+ |
|Entertainment Weekly||C− |
The cover of Saved originally featured a painting by Tony Wright of Jesus Christ's hand reaching down to touch the hands of his believers. However, this cover was subsequently replaced by a painting of Dylan on stage performing during that time period in order to downplay the overtly religious nature of the original cover. It has since been changed back on some re-releases. A quote inside the sleevenotes reads: "'Behold, the days come, sayeth the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah' (Jeremiah 31:31)".
All songs written by Bob Dylan, except where noted.
- Side one
- "A Satisfied Mind" (Red Hayes, Jack Rhodes) – 1:57
- "Saved" (Tim Drummond, Dylan) – 4:00
- "Covenant Woman" – 6:02
- "What Can I Do for You?" – 5:54
- "Solid Rock" – 3:55
- Side two
- "Pressing On" – 5:11
- "In the Garden" – 5:58
- "Saving Grace" – 5:01
- "Are You Ready" – 4:41
- Additional musicians
- Carolyn Dennis – vocals
- Tim Drummond – bass guitar
- Regina Havis – vocals
- Jim Keltner – drums
- Clydie King – vocals
- Spooner Oldham – keyboards
- Fred Tackett – Guitar
- Monalisa Young – Vocals
- Terry Young – Keyboards, Vocals
- Technical personnel
- Barry Beckett – production
- Gregg Hamm – engineering
- Bobby Hata – mastering
- Mary Beth McLemore – assistant engineering
- Arthur Rosato – photography
- Jerry Wexler – production
- Paul Wexler – mastering supervision
- Tony Wright – artwork
Originally released in 1980 on LP and Cassette, a reprint was first done in 1985 and a CD version was first released in 1990 
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. Saved (album) at AllMusic
- "Robert Christgau review".
- "Entertainment Weekly review". EW.com.
- Loder, Kurt (September 18, 1980). "Rolling Stone : Bob Dylan: Saved : Music Reviews". web.archive.org. Archived from the original on June 26, 2007. Retrieved September 10, 2011.
- "Reviews / Bob Dylan Saved". CCM Magazine 3 (1): 27. July 1980.
- Saved at Discogs