From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up segmentation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Segmentation may mean:
- Market segmentation, in economics and marketing
- Segmentation (biology), in morphology, a series of semi-repetitive segments; in developmental biology, a process of morphogenesis that divides a metazoan body into a series of semi-repetitive segments
- Packet segmentation, the process of dividing a data packet into smaller units for transmission over a data communications network.
- Memory segmentation, the division of computer memory into segments
- Network segmentation, the splitting of a computer network into subnetworks, each being a network segment or network layer
- Image segmentation, the partitioning of a digital image into two or more regions
- In natural language processing:
- Segmentation contractions (or movements), a type of gastric motility
- Part (disambiguation)
- Division (disambiguation)
- Split (disambiguation)
- Segment (disambiguation)
- Segmentation fault
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.