6th Prince of Wales's Cavalry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sixth Bengal Light Cavalry)
Raised in 1842, they first saw service in the Gwalior campaign earning the battle honour “Punniar”. The regiment was part of the 2nd (Sialkot) Cavalry Brigade during the First World War. The various changes and amalgamations are listed below.
- 1842 8th Irregular Cavalry
- 1861 Regiment of Bengal Cavalry
- 1883 6th (The Prince of Wales’s) Bengal Cavalry
- 1901 6th Prince of Wales’s cavalry
- 1906 6th King Edward’s Own Cavalry.
- Chris. Kempton: A Register of Titles of the Units of the H.E.I.C. & Indian Armies 1666-1947
- John Gaylor: Sons of John Company: The Indian and Pakistan Armies 1903- 1991.
|This article about a specific British military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|