Speaking in Tongues (song)
|"Speaking in Tongues"|
|Single by Arcade Fire featuring David Byrne|
|from the album The Suburbs|
|Released||June 27, 2011|
|Arcade Fire singles chronology|
"Speaking in Tongues" is the fifth single from indie rock band Arcade Fire's third album, The Suburbs. It did not appear on the original track listing, but showed up on the deluxe edition as a bonus track.
There is a direct reference to T.S Eliot's The Waste Land: "Hypocrite reader, my double, my brother", himself quoting Baudelaire's To the Reader: "— Hypocrite lecteur, — mon semblable, — mon frère!"
Credits and personnel
- Win Butler - lead vocals, guitar
- Régine Chassagne - backing vocals, drums
- David Byrne - backing vocals
- Richard Reed Parry - guitar, string arrangements
- Tim Kingsbury - bass
- William Butler - keyboards, guitar
- Sarah Neufeld - violin, backing vocals, string arrangements
- Jeremy Gara - drums
- Owen Pallett - string arrangements
- Marika Anthony Shaw - string arrangements
- Arcade Fire and Markus Dravs - producers
- Craig Silvey and Nick Launay - mixing
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||11|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||39|
- Arcade Fire Release 'Speaking In Tongues' and 'Culture War'. Huffington Post Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Arcade Fire – Speaking In Tongues" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Arcade Fire – Speaking In Tongues" (in French). Ultratip.