St Francis Xavier's Green Herald International School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Coordinates: SFX Greenherald International School is a private English-Medium school in Bangladesh. Located in Mohammadpur, Dhaka, beside St. Joseph Higher Secondary School, the school is administered by the Catholic Archdiocese of Dhaka. Even though the school is Catholic, a majority of the students are Muslims.
The students graduate by sitting for the GCE O Levels and A Levels under University of Cambridge International Examinations. The examination board, curriculum and syllabus are set by University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate which is a department of the University of Cambridge. The exam papers are sent to the UCLES to be checked, who determine the student grades.
The school offers extracurricular activities such as debating, science fairs, art competitions, and has athletic teams for basketball, football, and volleyball.It has an active debating club run by the students and teachers(moderator Syed Nazrul Ahasan) The school admits students to their newly formed Cambridge A Levels program.
St. Francis Xavier's Green Herald students participate in the National Debating Championships in the English Language in Bangladesh. The school teaches French also from grade 5.
- FX-13 Chrome Science Club
- Greenherald Debating Society
- Club Francais SFX
- ENIAC Computer Club
- Bangla Club
- Greenherald Newsletter
- The Writers' Association
- SFX Greenherald High School Student Council
- Drama Club
FX-13 CHROME Science Club is one of the oldest clubs of Saint Francis Xavier Greenherald International School. It has been active since 1996 and is monitored by Physics teacher Ronald Cruz. The school is active in sports there are annual programs like The Annual Sports and Cultural Programs organized by the students and teachers. on facebook
- Farzeen Ferdous Alam - Founder & President of OGGRO
- Irene Khan - Secretary General of Amnesty International, working with The Daily Star.
- Geeti Ara Safia Chowdhury - advisor to Interim Bangladesh Government's Ministry of Social Welfare and CEO of Adcom, Bangladesh.
- Aref Chowdhury - Scientist in Bell Labs
- Sabina Faiz Rashid - Professor, School of Public Health, BRAC University
- Ranando A. Chowdhury - Science & Technology at Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Simeen Hussain - Graduate Georgetown University, Director Hussain Group of Industries, Barrister Rokanuddin and Associates
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2008)|