Stanley Memorial Library
|Branch of||Prince George's County Memorial Library System|
Stanley Memorial Library is the Laurel, Maryland branch of the Prince George's County Memorial Library System, located at the intersection of Seventh Street and Talbott Avenue. The library is named after the family of Charles H. Stanley, a city commissioner (1880–1882), mayor (1891–1893), and state comptroller (1911–1912).
The library opened in 1967 and completed a major expansion in the 1990s. Having outgrown its present site, there are plans to build a new facility on the site or elsewhere. Friends of the Laurel Library, a philanthropic group of local community members, has supported the branch since January 1996.
- "Laurel Branch". Prince George's County Memorial Library System. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "History of the City of Laurel, MD". City of Laurel, Maryland. Archived from the original on 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Comptroller of Maryland – Charles H. Stanley". Maryland Comptroller's Office. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- "Laurel History". laurelhistory.org. Laurel Historical Society. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- "Friends of the Laurel Library". Friends of the Laurel Library. Retrieved 2008-04-27.
|This article relating to library science or information science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|