November 25, 1989 |
Stephen Lunsford (born November 25, 1989) is an American actor. He played the lead role of the titular hero in Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight. He is also known for his recurring roles as Dink on Private Practice and as Matt Daehler on MTV's hit dramedy Teen Wolf.
According to Lunsford's interview with NerdSociety, his “center of attention” mentality as a child caused his "troublemaker" reputation. To ease the situation, he participated in various sports but ultimately acting kept him disciplined. Lunsford’s reputation regenerated as a means of self-expression that led to his interest in acting. In 2012, Lunsford graduated from California Institute of the Arts and College of the Canyons where he studied film and cinema.
Lunsford was associated with Looking Ahead, a program sponsored by the Actors Fund of America, to aid and nurture actors who live in Southern California from 9 to 18 years of age. He was a member and President of the Leadership Council from 2006 until 2007. Starting in 2006, Lunsford began acting, directing and producing his own independent videos on YouTube. His content consist of parodies in which it predominantly involves blockbuster films such as Inception, Twilight, and The Hangover. Lunsford has enjoyed limited successes by appearing in a wide variety of teen characters from the TV show Zoey 101 to the movie Bratz. In 2009, Lunsford landed the main role in the kids TV show Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight. The show lasted for one season.
Invested in acting in mature roles, Lunsford starred in the horror flick Maneater and Beneath the Darkness in which he co-starred alongside with Dennis Quaid. Along with his YouTube activities, Lunsford and friend Cambria Edwards began a company by the name of Shot First Productions. The production consists of short films where Lunsford along with friends would feature in and submits the content to a variety of competitions. In 2012, Lunsford portrayed Matt Daehler on MTV's hit series Teen Wolf. Teen Wolf is a TV series lightly based on the 1985 film of the same name. Prior to joining the cast for the second season, Lunsford has stated his reluctance in accepting the role. His interview with Ology elaborates that after seeing the promotions on Teen Wolf, Lunsford thought the series was a "joke". After watching a few episodes, Lunsford was pleased by the content and eventually appeared in the series.
As of 2013, Lunsford was cast in a TV teen drama Rock Way as Nick Bradley. Rock Way is a TV project by Jordan Way which is crowd funded by kickstarter. He has expressed his interest in appearing in sci-fi genres resulting for a petition issued online for Lunsford to guest star in the sci-fi drama hit Supernatural. Lunsford will be appearing in a psychological thriller Homecoming due out on December 31, 2013.
Lunsford has participated and supports various charity events including Chance to Play, an event for poverty-stricken youth to participate in sports.
|2005||Blood Deep||Young Will|
|2006||The Problem with Percival||Kyle Strumm|
|2007||Bratz: The Movie||Cameron|
|2011||Beneath the Darkness||Brian|
|2003||Malcolm in the Middle||Neighborhood Kid||Season 4, Episode 13|
|2005||The Young and the Restless||Steven||Episode 8258|
|2007||Zoey 101||Greg||Season 3, Episode 15|
|Cory in the House||Schulman||Season 1, Episode 19|
|2009||Desperate Housewives||Travers McLain||Season 5|
|Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight||Adam and Kit Taylor||Main role|
|2011||Victorious||Dale Squires||Season 1, Episode 18|
|2012||Teen Wolf||Matt Daehler||Recurring|
|2013||Switched at Birth||Teo||Recurring|
- Fischer, Paul (2007-08-06). "Exclusive Interview : Nathalia Ramos". MovieHole. Retrieved 2007-08-06.[dead link][dead link]
- "Interview with Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight Star Stephen Lunsford". NERDSociety. July 19, 2009. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Stephen Lunsford". LinkedIn. Retrieved March 29, 2013.
- "Archive: Leadership Council". Looking Ahead. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- "Stephen Lunsford". YouTube. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Genzlinger, Neil (January 5, 2012). "Hey, Kids, Don’t Mess With the Town Undertaker". The New York Times. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- "Shot First Productions". YouTube. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Holbrook, Damian (December 1, 2011). "Exclusive: The Teen Wolf Pack Grows!". TV Guide. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- Moore, Terron R. (July 25, 2012). "'Teen Wolf' Interview: Stephen Lunsford Says Hello, Ladies". Ology. Retrieved March 29, 2013.
- Ross, Jordan. "Rock Way". kickstarter. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- McConnaughy, Ashley. "The Crew of Supernatural/The CW: Hire actor Stephen Lunsford as a guest star for at least one episode.". change.org. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- "Homecoming (2013)". FilmOFilia. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Martin, Nick (October 29, 2012). "Watch: Official Poster and Trailer for Psycho-Thriller HOMECOMING". FilmOFilia. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Exclusive: Ashley Argota, Lulu Antariksa and IM5 Interviews from 2012 Chance To Play (Video)". Shine On Media. August 22, 2012. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Stephen Lunsford at the Internet Movie Database
- Stephen Lunsford's channel on YouTube
- Stephen Lunsford on Twitter
- Stephen Lunsford on Tumblr