Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah
|Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah
Gradišče (v Slovenskih Goricah) (1952–1992)
|Settlement and Municipality|
Location of the Municipality of Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah in Slovenia
|• Mayor||Darko Fras|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+01)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+02)|
Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah (pronounced [ˈsveːta tɾɔˈjiːtsa ʍ slɔˈveːnskiɣ ɡɔˈɾiːtsax]; Slovene: Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih goricah) is a settlement and a municipality in northeastern Slovenia. It became an independent municipality in 2006. Before that it was part of the Municipality of Lenart. It lies in the Slovene Hills (Slovenske gorice). Traditionally the area was part of Lower Styria. It is now included in the Drava Statistical Region.
The name of the settlement was changed from Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah (literally, 'Holy Trinity in the Slovene Hills') to Gradišče (literally, 'fortified hillfort') in 1952. The name was changed on the basis of the 1948 Law on Names of Settlements and Designations of Squares, Streets, and Buildings as part of efforts by Slovenia's postwar communist government to remove religious elements from toponyms. The name was then changed from Gradišče to Gradišče v Slovenskih Goricah in 1953. The name Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah was restored in 1992.
The local landmark is the parish church in the settlement from which the village gets its name. It is dedicated to the Holy Trinity (Slovene: sveta Trojica) and belongs to the Slovenian province of the Franciscan order (OFM). It is a large Baroque church with three belfries that also appear in the municipality's coat of arms. It was built between 1636 and 1643 and expanded between 1735 and 1740. There is also a Franciscan monastery in the village.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia, census of 2002
- Sveta Trojica municipal site
- Spremembe naselij 1948–95. 1996. Database. Ljubljana: Geografski inštitut ZRC SAZU, DZS.
- Premk, F. 2004. Slovenska versko-krščanska terminologija v zemljepisnih imenih in spremembe za čas 1921–1967/68. Besedoslovne lastnosti slovenskega jezika: slovenska zemljepisna imena. Ljubljana: Slavistično društvo Slovenije, pp. 113–132.
- Urbanc, Mimi, & Matej Gabrovec. 2005. Krajevna imena: poligon za dokazovanje moči in odraz lokalne identitete. Geografski vestnik 77(2): 25–43.
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 3464
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 13400