Swedish Blue duck
The Swedish Blue duck is a medium sized bird, male weighs between 3–4 kg,and the female usually weighs 2,5-3,5 kg. Swedish Blue ducks are very calm birds and make good beginner's ducks. They produce 100 eggs per year of 80-90 g weight. They love to free range and will go broody.
- 25%: A homozygous form, black where the blue should be.
- 50%: As the parents.
- 25%: The other homozygous form, splashed or silver with combinations of blue and black and white.
Swedish Blue ducks are a relatively popular breed of duck. Swedish population of Swedish Blue duck consists of 163 breeding animals only. It is considered to be an endangered breed. This breed of duck is listed as watch by the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy.
- APA Recognized Breeds and Varieties, 2012
- The Poultry Club of Great Britain: Ducks
- "Domestic Animal Diversity Information System (DAD-IS): Swedish Blue Duck record". FAO - Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations. 2009. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Swedish Blue Duck". The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
|This duck article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|