Ternopil National Economic University
|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Ukrainian Wikipedia. (November 2012)|
|Ternopil National Economic University|
|Ukrainian||Тернопільський Національний Економічний Університет|
|Students||~ 30 000|
|Address||11 Lvivska St.
|Phone/Fax||+38 (0352) 43 61 33|
|Website||Ternopil National Economic University|
Ternopil National Economic University, TNEU (Ukrainian: Тернопільський Національний Економічний Університет, Ternopils’kyy Natsional’nyy Economichnyy Universytet) founded in 1971. It is located in the city of Ternopil, Ternopil Oblast, Ukraine.
Viktor Yushchenko, the president of Ukraine (2005-2010), is an alumnus of TNEU.
- 1 History
- 2 Campuses and buildings
- 3 Academic Departments by Faculty
- 4 International Activity
- 5 External links
- 6 References
The University was founded in 1966, when the Department of Financial and Economic Faculty of Kyiv Institute of National Economy was opened in Ternopil. Within the years, the Department was transformed into the Faculty (1967), after that - into Financial and Economic Institute (1971), Institute of National Economy (1989), Academy of National Economy (1994). In March 30, 2005 the educational establishment became a University. In September 29, 2006 the National status was conferred to the University.
Campuses and buildings
Nowadays the TNEU complex includes 14 training and laboratorial complexes, a library, 4 sport gyms, 3 sports-grounds, 8 dormitories, 9 economic and service buildings.
Academic Departments by Faculty
- Faculty of Accounting and Audit
- Faculty of Agricultural Economics and Management
- Faculty of Banking Business
- Faculty of Computer Informational Technologies
- Department of Information Computing Systems and Control
- American-Ukrainian School of Computer Sciences and Technologies
- Faculty of Economics and Investment Management
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Finance
- Faculty of International Business and Management
- Faculty of Law
- The Ukrainian-Dutch Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Post-Graduate Studies
Participation in international organizations
- European Association of International Education (1999).
- European University Association (2007);
- Magna Charta Universitatum (2008);
- Talloires Network (from 2012).
Agreements with foreign partners
Cooperation with 52 foreign educational institutions is established (16 higher educational institutions of Poland; 7 – of Russia; 4 – of Germany; 3 – of Belarus, Italy, the USA; 2 – of Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, China; 1 – of Austria, Greece, Denmark, Canada, Lithuania, Moldova, the Netherlands, Spain, Romania, France).
Joint programs of cooperation with foreign partners
- German-speaking integrated program in Bachelor and Master training;
- Ukrainian-American program in Bachelor training;
- English-speaking program in International Economics and Tourism;
- Ukrainian-Greek program in Master training in «Business administration»;
- Program in training Bachelors and Masters on specialization «Crisis analysis and decision making»;
- Ukrainian-Polish program in finances and insurance;
- School of Polish and European Law.
- Ukrainian-Dutch Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Ukrainian-German Economic Faculty
Training of foreign students, post-graduates and doctoral students
Since 2007, 203 foreigners obtained certificates on graduation from the TNEU Preparatory Department for Foreigners; since 2006 foreign citizens were granted 62 Master Diplomas and 40 Bachelor Diplomas.
International programs and grants
Within the period of the last decade, TNEU participated in 35 international projects TEMPUS-TACIS, DAAD, APPOLO, «Marie Curie» etc.
- Official site http://www.tneu.edu.ua