The Colony (U.S. TV series)
|Also known as||The Colonization|
|Narrated by||Thom Beers|
Amygdala Music Library
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Executive producer(s)||Thom Beers
Philip David Segal
|Location(s)||516 S Anderson St, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Running time||44 minutes|
|Original channel||Discovery Channel|
|Original run||July 21, 2009– present|
The first season was filmed at and around 516 S Anderson St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, and follows ten cast members in an environment that simulates life after the collapse of civilization due to a catastrophic epidemic. The volunteers tend to many aspects of sustainable living including the essentials: water, electricity, security and food. Insights into psychology, security, and technology are also given by experts. The season first aired on the Discovery Channel on July 21, 2009. Filming began on February 28, and ran until April 28, 2009.
Season 2 was filmed at and around 300-498 Southern Place, Chalmette, Louisiana 70043, and follows ten cast members in an environment that simulates life after a global viral outbreak. The season first aired on July 27, 2010.
- "The Colony". Metal Flowers Media. 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Poniewozik, James (July 21, 2009). "Review of Discovery's Postapocalyptic Reality Show The Colony". Time. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- Allen, David (July 15, 2009). "Discovery Channel to run viral pandemic survival show". Tech Watch. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- "The Colony: About the Show". Discovery Channel. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- "The Colony: About the Show : Discovery Channel". Dsc.discovery.com. 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "Metal Flowers Media: Now Casting". Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- "Metal Flower Twitter".