The Final Call
|Part of a series on the|
|Nation of Islam|
|Wallace Fard Muhammad
Elijah Muhammad · Malcolm X
Warith Deen Mohammed
|History and beliefs|
Nation of Islam and antisemitism
Tribe of Shabazz · Yakub
Million Man March
|A Torchlight for America
The Final Call
How to Eat to Live
|American Society of Muslims
Fruit of Islam
New Black Panther Party
United Nation of Islam
Your Black Muslim Bakery
The original newspaper of The Nation of Islam was called The Final Call to Islam and was published by Nation of Islam Leader Messenger Elijah Muhammad in the 1930s. This small newspaper evolved into Muhammad Speaks in the 1960s and attracted a circulation of 900,000 per week, with monthly circulation of 2.5 million. Founded by Louis Farrakhan, The Final Call follows the traditions of the Muhammad Speaks newspaper with national and international news and coverage of political issues. It is the official communications organ of the Nation of Islam. Today, the weekly Final Call serves a readership of diverse economic and educational backgrounds and is distributed in North America, Canada, Europe, Africa and the Caribbean. The current editor-in-chief is Richard B. Muhammad, and the assistant editor is Ashahed M. Muhammad.
The Final Call Online Edition was initially started as a simple promotional tool developed by Final Call Muslim college students for the historic Million Man March in 1995. Receiving millions of visits since its inception, it has grown into the online companion to the Final Call newspaper.
According to the publication's website, The Final Call "aims to serve as an essential source of information for those who thirst for uncompromised reporting in today's arena of corporate driven media".
According to the Anti-Defamation League, The Final Call serves as a platform to promote anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that demonize Jews and Judaism. Such articles reinforce the blatant anti-Semitism of Louis Farrakhan.
Anti-Defamation League cites a June 2012 article which claims Jewish control over African-Americans, arguing that “the white Jewish establishment (Israel)” fears that Farrakhan will “influence the thinking of untold millions who are unaware of the damage done to us by our Jewish ‘friends’ ”, and that “Black youth…will break free of Israel’s control”. The article also alleges that that the “children of the Black slave” are “the legitimate heirs of God’s covenant”, and are therefore the real Jews.
- "FinalCall.com News".
- "The Final Call Online Edition Information". The Final Call. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "About Us". The Final Call. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "The NOI's Escalating Anti-Jewish Campaign: Articles in The Final Call". Nation of Islam (NOI). Anti-Defamation League. 23. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- "Louis Farrakhan's Annual Address to Followers 'Dripping with Anti-Semitism and Hatred'". Anti-Defamation League. 28 February 2012.
- "Farrakhan and the Real Children of Israel". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "The Final Call Newspaper Denies Jewish History". Access ADL Blog by the Anti-Defamation League. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2013.